Yandex is looking for an analytical specialist with a considerable practical experience in big data and machine learning to fill a position of Lead Data Scientist.
In this job you will:
- make decisions on whether specific problems spanning a variety of industries can be solved, how they can be solved and in what timeframe, based on vague data descriptions and available data samples;
- define the general direction of and contribute to the development of solutions for a variety of projects;
- suggest alternative problem solving methods;
- define data requirements;
- share your knowledge and experience with other data scientists in your team.
- at least a BSc or MSc degree;
- knowledge of mathematical statistics and probability theory;
- knowledge of methods in data analysis and machine learning, as well as practical application skills in these fields;
- extensive problem solving experience in data analysis and machine learning;
- ability to work in a team;
- ability and willingness to teach, share your knowledge with others and learn from them;
- ability to convincingly defend or support your point of view;
- initiative and ability to work without supervision.
- knowledge of Python, Java, C++, C or Perl;
- knowledge of MATLAB, R, Octave or SciPy;
- knowledge of MapReduce or Hadoop;
- Linux experience;
- database experience, including SQL, CSV or Excel databases.