Successful candidate is to be a part of the team that develop and support the automated market-making platform, a number of real time position keeping and risk management tools and other software that is used by the trading. Within this role employee is responsible for taking ownership of development tasks: discussing requirements with users and team members; prioritizing tasks, creating technical specifications; solution development; unit, auto tests; planning changes for releases.
- Perform development of new functionality according to specification agreed with the business
- Be able to operate on feature level. Work with backlog in order to decompose tasks and get them implemented
- Work with junior team member to coach them and clarify tasks and make sure dev practices are followed
- Report progress to stakeholders and team management.
- Take ownership of the development tasks
- Conduct trainings related to new functionality to the end users
- Stick to priorities confirmed with team manager
- Ensure quality of the solution measured by the number of production issues caused by the changes
- Before delivering new functionality make sure that auto and regression tests are passed
- Following the team’s development policies and standards
Key Competencies & Qualifications:
- Strong .NET knowledge.
- Knowledge of Java and C++ is a plus.
- To be familiar with DBMS.
- Strong proven record of managing backlogs
- Ability to read and debug existing code
- Min 5 years experience in IT industry
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience in financial systems development is a plus
- Investment Banking Front-office knowledge is a plus
- Experience using Source Control Management systems (Subversion, Perforce)
- Knowledge of bug tracking systems, CI/CD flow
- Collaboration tools experience
- Intermediate English
- Ability to work in a global (multi-entity) company