(No CV) Senior Python Engineer, 30h/week
Местоположение и тип занятости
Let us convince you that you need a new job… and that you’ve just found the perfect opportunity. We’re growing slowly but steadily, and we’re continuously looking to expand our team with experienced Python engineers.
Join Reef Technologies and work on your own terms:
- Contribute from wherever you like – we are fully remote.
- Choose your own working hours. We only hold ~2 calls per week.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, completing projects of your choice for dynamic startups from all over the world.
- Enjoy open communication – we all contribute to the decision-making process.
- Choose the projects you want to work on. We receive enough offers to only accept the ones that we like.
Remuneration on a B2B contract:
- 40-53 USD per hour, or
- 4800-6360 USD a month at 30 hours per week (for optimal work-life balance in a truly remote environment).
Additional perks of working at Reef Technologies:
- We offer a stable position at an established company in a booming industry.
- All decision-makers, including the CEO, are Senior Python Engineers.
- We cover reasonable coworking space expenses.
- You’ll get financial help to buy the necessary hardware.
- You’ll work in a multicultural, inclusive environment where everyone has a say.
- You’ll get to use your English skills on an everyday basis.
- You’ll get to take advantage of our flexible leave policy.
And don’t forget that you’ll be free to work wherever and whenever you feel like it. We trust you to do your part.
Our only expectation timewise is for you to contribute around 25-35 hours per week, which we believe is optimal for sustainable full-time engagement in a remote setting. You’re free to distribute those hours throughout the week in the way that you find the most convenient, within reason.
We want to ensure proper work-life balance and create an environment where you can focus on your code while at work, and on whatever brings you pleasure in your free time.
That is why as one of our benefits we offer the services of a private assistant. Appointments, research, online shopping, and more – you choose which tasks to pass on to your assistant.
Expert Python engineer wanted
Do you have at least 4 years of programming experience – not necessarily professional – including at least a year with Python? If so, you have probably written so much Python code in your life, that at times you want to express your thoughts through list comprehensions. Thanks to your extensive experience, you can solve any problem that gets thrown at you, but that is not enough – you come up with multiple solutions for every issue, and you always know how to choose the most Pythonic one.
And that is all a good sign – a sign that means you’re exactly the type of person that we’re looking for! If you’d like to see what it’s like to collaborate with Python natives who all bring their long-standing expertise to the table, please get in touch. Spoiler alert: it’s great.
We have good manners, though, so let us introduce ourselves first. Do you want to find out more about the company? We were hoping you’d ask.
Get to know your future company
Reef Technologies is a fully remote Python backend software house. We’re a small, agile, senior-only team. All of our current members have more than seven years of experience, so we don’t ever have anything urgent to fix. We only deliver stable solutions, as we have developed a system that has delivered more than a hundred projects in the last three years. We’d like to improve it even further with you on the team.
The demand for our work is extremely high, so we get to pick and choose the projects that we want to take on - and the same goes for you. Before you get assigned to a project, you’ll get a personal call from the CEO asking whether you’re interested in that particular task and if you don’t like it, we’ll just get something else. That’s the beauty of having a sales team that greatly outperforms our delivery capacity.
Let your code have a real impact
At Reef Technologies, we don’t have managers. Thanks to the group decision-making framework, Sociocracy 3.0, every member of the team can be sure that their opinion will be valued. (Check it out here, you’ll wonder how you’d survived in traditional organizations until now!)
Our CEO doesn’t only take care of sales, bureaucracy, and client relationships - he is also a programmer, so all of us really do work together and understand the job at hand.
What kind of projects would you work on?
We mainly accept offers from startups and small-to-medium businesses from the US, the UK, and Canada. Some projects may only last a couple of hours, while others take even a few years for us to complete. There is one thing that you can be sure of, though - that it will always be your personal choice whether to work on a particular project or reject it. What would you have thought about these?
- financial data warehouse which aggregates over 31 000 time series into a few hundred charts for a fintech company from London
- graph data search/visualization system for auditors/investigators from Norway
- super scalable WAF optimized down to extremely low running costs for a client from Chicago, IL
- multisource cloud object synthesizer library for a storage provider from San Mateo, CA
- report generator/inventory tracker for an e-commerce/healthcare company from Canada
- k8s-based revenue optimizer for large private GPU compute clusters in North America
- paper product level tracker for toilet cleaners from Canada
- hydrant certification report generator for Australian plumbers
- multi-tenant hospitality management system for large properties in the US
- large scale information display system for retailers (international)
We have already delivered those, but you can be sure we’ve got even more exciting projects coming up in the future.
All that without ever setting foot in an office. We have completed those projects – and many more – from the comfort of our own homes, from tropical beaches and from our favorite coffee shops. Some of us work early in the morning, others start off late in the night. Each of us is free to choose their own programming environment. We trust our engineers to organize their work and achieve top productivity in their own way. Do you think you'd enjoy this kind of freedom? Become one of us and make the world a better place by delivering more than just lines of code.
Want to know more?
- Check out the Reef Technologies Handbook to see our company policies.
- Want to see what our clients have to say about our work? We’re quite proud of our Clutch profile.
- Get to know our CEO, Paweł Polewicz, through his 30-minute talk about building teams with the best programmers out there and why being great at programming is not enough to be considered a top dev.
- Did the part about Sociocracy 3.0 sound exciting? See how Paweł and Piotr explain exactly how it works with examples.
Please use this link to apply for the position. This is the only way to apply.