Audacity is one of the WSM Group creations, a leader in the music industry that develops products with professional musicians and IT specialists.
WSM Group is the developer of the software and the world's most popular services for musicians with an annual audience of several hundred million users. We make products such as Ultimate guitar, MuseScore, and MuseClass. In total, there are seven products for musicians.
We believe that music is good for the world and it helps people. Our global goal is to improve the quality of life of musicians by creating valuable and user-friendly products.
Audacity is a free and open-source digital audio editor and recording application software, available for Windows, macOS, Linux, and other Unix-like operating systems. As of April 19, 2021, it is the most popular download from FossHub, with nearly 110 million downloads since March 2015.
- Sanity checks for the nightly builds across multiple platforms;
- Creating test plans for the current and upcoming features;
- Working with the team on the technical requirements;
- Ensuring the quality of the product releases;
- Helping with the user documentation on the new features.
- 3+ years of manual testing of the desktop or web applications;
- Experience with Jira;
- Experience with GitHub projects will be a plus;
- Experience with audio software will be a huge plus;
- Upper-intermediate English level.
What we offer is:
- Music products, which are developed by professional musicians and IT - evangelists;
- Leaders in the industry: more than 279 million music lovers use our service lines, such as Ultimate Guitare and MuseScore, yearly;
- International remote team: You will be involved in joint projects leading by your colleagues from Russia, the US, Great Britain, and other countries;
- Each team member can contribute to making decisions directly;
- Variability of the technological stack which manifests from an open-source product and mobile applications to developing new projects as part of educational technologies;
- Training fees, participation in conferences, and meet-ups.