Uscreen is a hyper-growth (and profitable) bootstrapped product-led SaaS business. We are revolutionizing the way that video-based entrepreneurs & creators monetize their content. Uscreen has grown from 30 to 100 employees over the last year -- with the best yet to come!
Uscreen provides an all-in-one platform for entrepreneurs to sell subscriptions, VOD, and live-streamed events on the web, through mobile apps, and via OTT (over-the-top) devices. 10,000+ video creators build, market, and sell their content with Uscreen -- and they generate hundreds-of-millions of dollars in revenue doing it.
About the job
As a programmer on our monolith team, you will work on various features and participate in refactoring the codebase.
In our team, we have dedicated backend programmers, but you still need to understand how our backend is structured.
Here are some things we’ve worked on recently to give you a sense of what you’ll be doing day-to-day:
- Marketing funnels, and email-marketing features.
- Page builder and improvements of current Liquid-based templates.
- Analytics for live streaming & videos.
- Complex subscription billing & team subscriptions
How we work
We usually work on the new features in a small group of 1-3 developers & one designer. We are using the approach described by Basecamp for project management called Shape Up.
Remote & async
We are a remote team distributed in different time zones, so we develop a rule of overlapping time from 9 to noon EST time.
We are searching for a person who can work can be responsible for implementing ideas from A-Z. You’re a Manager of One. You take ownership and you trying deeply understand each feature and code change.
What we will require from you
- Excellent communication skills (Russian & English)
- Desire to understand business logic and help customers
- Happiness without toxic behavior
- Ruby knowledge - is a big plus. We are using the Ruby on Rails framework.
- Good understanding of Rails doctrine commitment.
How to apply
- Click to apply
- Email follow-ups will be sent to successful candidates, asking for them to answer a few questions and send a video introduction
- Interviews will be scheduled with successful candidates
- Second interviews may be scheduled with successful candidates prior to moving forward with the hiring process.
Uscreen is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.
The determination to move applicants forward in our hiring process will be based on how the candidates’ skills, qualifications, knowledge, and experience meet the requirements of the position as outlined in this job posting.
Please note that due to the large number of applications received, that we are thrilled about, we are only able to respond to qualified candidates at this time. Should you be selected to move forward in the recruiting process you will be notified within 2-weeks of your submission.
- 20 days of paid vacation every year.
- courses and books reimbursement
- flexible and adequate work schedule
- no rush/pain-in-ass unrealistic deadlines