About the company
SharpTx is a newly founded Digital Therapeutics (DTx) company. Our mission is to build and deliver DTx solutions to help users prevent, manage or treat a Mental Health or Central Nervous System condition. Our products are developed in close collaboration with our world-leading clinical partners. We will be running clinical studies and generating large datasets from direct consumer engagement. This data will form the basis of our machine learning efforts to predict the personalised risk of mental health and devise data-driven strategies to curtail disease onset through in-app behavior change coaching.
Our first product is a mobile app called Sharp that empowers 50+-year-old users to track their cognition and reduce their individual risk of developing Mental Health disorders through clinically-tested and data-driven lifestyle and brain coaching. Through direct consumer engagement and the integration of bleeding-edge clinical science, working on Sharp is a unique opportunity to radically improve mental health care for the millions of patients at risk around the world.
About the job
SharpTx is now seeking a talented React Native/React Engineer (middle-senior) to own and drive technical projects from specification through to delivery and beyond. We have a product-oriented team, releasing apps regularly. The ideal candidate is mobile savvy, loves tech, has a passion for digital health and understands what makes a great mobile app!
The role is fully remote with the majority of the team based in the UK and France.
The interviews and all internal communications are in English.
- Hands-on development: analyse product specifications, design implementations, write code and deliver features
- Contribute technical ideas and suggestions to enhance the direction of the product
- Communicate closely with Product and Design teams
- Write efficient, maintainable and reusable code and tests.
- Be enthused about new technologies: TypeScript, React Native for cross platform mobiles apps and Serverless for backend (our engineers and full-stack and deliver features for both mobile and backend).
- Work with QA in a regular release cycle.
- 2+ years of experience as a software developer.
- Experience in React or React Native.
- A solid understanding of mobile apps and the underlying technology behind them.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Passionate about mobile apps.
Nice to Have :
- Experience with typed languages.
- Experience with native iOS / Android technologies.
- Experience working with AWS.
- Experience working with QMS and ‘software as medical device’ regulated products.
About the stack :
- TypeScript for both mobile and backend.
- React Native.
- Redux with Sagas.
- Serverless framework on top of AWS Lambda.
Our Company Mission & Values
- Our mission is to develop life-changing medical-grade products for one of the largest healthcare issues of our time.
- We are a diverse team that is united by a common objective. We embrace and respect each other’s perspective and skillset. We celebrate successes and failures together by championing radical candor.
- When hiring, we value intellectual curiosity, ambition, positivity and attention to detail.
- Fully remote - while we are all remote working, flexible working to us means full autonomy in how you work and organise your day at home, even around childcare or other responsibilities
- 25 days annual holiday
- You are eligible to participate in the company’s equity plan