Senior Java Core Developer (Market Data)
- Project Description:
The project goal is developing and continually evolving the firm's core infrastructure platform.
The team works jointly with Portfolio Managers, Trading, and Operations on a strategic rebuild of the trading platform moving to low latency, microservices-based, highly scalable, distributed architecture empowered with top in class open source and commercial solutions and technologies.
• Build the next generation of trading applications and tools (including systematic and quantitative trading)
• Be a key contributor in the design and implementation of the portfolio management infrastructure
• Engage with various technology and data teams within the firm in enabling the above
• Manage technical risks and build prototypes or POCs where needed to validate technical approach
Become a part of:
• Mature team with an entrepreneurial culture, where professionalism, ownership, and excellence are highly valued, whilst wholesome work/life balance is maintained.
• Positive, friendly and very supportive environment with open communication and constructive feedback practices.
Take advantage of:
• Business trips to US/NYC (depending on project needs) for on-site work, on-the-job trainings, conferences and technical events
• Trainings and educational programs on technical and soft skills, business-domain specific courses (Investment Management, Trading, Financial and Capital Markets)
• Participate in the design, implementation, testing and deployment of large-scale systems and services
• Understand system dependencies and limitations
• Understand the business need
• Understand the large scale thinking and approach
• Understand low level design
• Participate in an Agile / Scrum methodology to deliver software releases
- Mandatory Skills:
• Strong Core Java & collections & multi threading (3+ years of development experience)
• Proven hands-on experience with Java SE 8+
• Deep OOP expertise
• Deep parallel and concurrent programming expertise
• Ability to communicate ideas in English
• Team player - ability to get along with existing team members and learn from them (this is absolutely essential for success)
• Ability to work with minimal direction in a self-sufficient manner, often adapting to ever-changing priorities
• Competitive compensation package and benefits
• Opportunities for career and professional growth
• Global company
• Business-domain specific courses
• Training programs for technical & functional skills
• Business trips to US/NYC
• Onboarding relocation package
• Sports and leisure activities
• Informal team events
• Relocation to USA!