CQG Core&Connectivity system is responsible for parsing the data coming from exchanges into some CQG data and distribute them to Server system. The system is rated among best worldwide in terms of productivity, speed and reliability. Linux-servers consolidating the information from exchanges are located in different continents, all over the world from Chicago to Tokyo. We are looking for a Senior developer who is a Linux expert. Besides C++ knowledge, development requires profound knowledge of operating system, network protocols, STL and Boost libraries. The vacant position is in the team that develops software for financial market/exchange connectivity. Here requirements like performance speed (data delay is measured in microseconds) and reliability (information delivery system works 24x7x365) come first. On top of that the position requires in-depth knowledge and understanding of financial markets, world exchanges and their specifics. We do realize that one may not initially have the required knowledge however, developers joining our team become experts in the field in 2-3 years.
- Gather and produce requirements and designs;
- Write and test code for the required product;
- Accurately plan software development activities and follow established processes;
- Share knowledge, mentor peers, listen and hear team members’ view points and provide a fair evaluation of differing opinions;
- Communicate effectively with management and team members, be enthusiastic to contribute to the team and make a difference;
- Be able to untangle tough problems in existing code and propose elegant solutions
- Keep commitments;
- Have a command of current technology;
- Actively participate in discussions regarding technical issues.
- Interaction with exchanges in the process of developing
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Sciences or a related discipline;
- Over 3 years of C++ development, enterprise-class system architecture and design or equivalent combination of education, skills and experience;
- Experience of industrial programming at least 5 years;
- Experience with STL, Boost and similar libraries;
- Good knowledge of, OOP, design templates, classical algorithms and data structures;
- Extensive knowledge of Unix;
- Good understanding of multithreading programming;
- Intermediate English language skills and ability to develop those skills;
- Team player
- Knowledge and application of software development methodology.
- Real time programming experience as a plus;
- Knowledge of the subject area of exchange trade (is a plus)
- Competitive + benefits, including medical insurance,
- English classes,
- flexible vacation schedule and paid sick leave days,
- professional improvement seminars, corporate events and a fully stocked kitchen for breakfast and lunch, etc.
Workday lasts since 12 a.m. till 9 p.m