Sales & account manager
Местоположение и тип занятости
Who we are
We are Medialooks—a partially distributed team of 11 people with a development office in Kaliningrad.
Our product is a software development toolkit for video engineers, and our customers are software companies in several areas, where video plays an important role. If one needs to capture several streams of 4K video in sync, process it and then stream to an audience around the globe—we provide the solution.
We’ve recently faced the need to strengthen the sales part of our team, which lead us to opening this position of a Sales Manager.
The Sales Manager at Medialooks is the one who is most in touch with customers. Technical people talk to customers all the time, and it is a big part of our products' value, but it is the Sales Manager who actually makes sure that our products work. It is the Sales Manager who walks up to the technical team and explains why the customer is important and makes sure situations are resolved quickly.
The Sales Manager does a lot of his work behind the scenes. It is he who pours energy (and money) into this process that we call our business.
What we expect from you
The KPI’s are simple—increasing sales volume and customer happiness. We are not looking for someone who would write standard emails and do nothing more. We need a proactive personality, who would help us find new customers and come up with ways to make existing customers happier. A manager, who would be capable of evaluating how we handle sales today, and—if needed—suggest ways to improve our process.
What we expect you to do
Send several dozens of emails and hold several calls with customers (via Skype or phone) per day, harvest leads on LinkedIn and other networks, keep data in the CRM up to date, discuss technical details and pending issues with the technical team, collect feedback from existing and potential customers, identify and structure business and user-level requirements, hold meetings at exhibitions, etc.
This is how we see things today. If you come up with any other ideas to reach our goal (increasing revenue and customer happiness)—we can try that.
Who are we looking for
- A fluent English speaker. So fluent, that he (or she) can easily understand American, British and Indian. And speak all of them. :)
- Someone who loves to write and talk to people. Communication and writing is what you'll be doing 95% of your time. Explaining, reacting, trying new approaches. If you are the copy-paste kind of person, don't apply. Copy-pasting does not work in a world and in a market, where content and storytelling are the only things that work. Copy-pasting doesn't build trust and value.
- Someone who is completely honest. We don't lie to our customers, ever.
- A quick learner. Your key function will be to learn and understand things you have never dealt with before. Understand what the customer wants to do. Understand what he's really trying to say. Understand what he really needs. Understand, whether he should be our customer or he better go somewhere else. We expect you to train your mind and intuition quickly. This will be your most critical skill.
- A multi-tasker. Yes, multitasking sucks. But it is the only way to do this job. So get ready.
- A proactive person. There's usually stuff coming in. Things to do without thinking. We don't want a person who is happy with that. We want someone who wants to do more: find, create and build new opportunities.
- Someone with an extremely good memory. You will be working with a professional CRM, but there are many things that it can't capture and situations, when you'll need to think quickly.
- It would be great if you have an experience with Hubspot, Youtrack, Trello, and Agile practices. But it's not necessary, if you’re a quick learner.
- Above all, we are looking for a results-driven personality.
- Remote or in Kaliningrad (preferred).
- 3 months evaluation, bonuses to be discussed later.
- Fixed salary plus bonuses after evaluation period.
- Educational courses or literature if needed.
- 100% legal employment.
- Travel to industry exhibitions are possible.
This is not easy, so please be ready for such a workload. Your work will be spread across all time zones, so please be ready to work late when needed.
How to apply
1) First of all, We don't care to see your CV, but we want to see your social profiles — LinkedIn & Facebook.
2) Second, Please submit a cover letter explaining:
- Why you want to work in sales/customer relations.
- A description of a great customer experience you had recently, and what made it great.
- A time you taught yourself a new skill to complete a job or project.
3) Third, answer just for one question:
"You’ve just returned from a very busy week at IBC in Amsterdam. You had very little sleep the whole week because you’ve had around 40 meetings, a couple of dinners and a team session at the end.
How will your next 2 weeks of work look like?"
Send your cover letter and links to a social profiles to me at firstname.lastname@example.org,