Местоположение и тип занятости
The Software Development Company (SDC) is looking for a multi-paradigm, talented Devops Engineer to deploy and manage applications on large-scale installations on linux, windows servers and desktops. Successful candidates will be required to immediately relocate to Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Company takes care of relocation including flight tickets, visa and insurance.
The planned responsibilities are:
- Participate in product development lifecycle
- Perform server design and capacity planning
- Visit customer’s sites to deploy and manage the installations
- Deploy and manage Linux and Windows server applications
- Setup and manage database servers - MSSQL, Cassandra, Kafka, Redis, MariaDB, Minio.
- Setup and deploy web servers such as nginx.
- Write deployment scripts
- Troubleshoot issues with deployments and monitor server performance
- Manage all hardware, do software upgrades and patches to OS
- Be responsible for HA/DR of the servers
- Perform backups and recovery requests
- Collect user feedback, convert into support tickets
- Document their work
- Bachelor's degree (a soft requirement but would greatly help with the process of obtaining a work visa)
- Good spoken and written English, Russian or Armenian knowledge is a plus
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities are highly sought-after
- Easy adaption to frequent changes in work environment & prioritization
- Solid understanding of computer networking principles
- Practical knowledge of Python, Powershell or other some other scripting language of choice
- Knowledge of commonly-used linux cli tools
- Familiarity with linux firewall configurations
- Knowledge of Microsoft Applications and Services stack such as IIS, DNS/DHCP, WINS, .NET
- Solid understanding of Active Directory delegation and security models
- Exposure to using Puppet, CHEF, Ansible or other CM tools
- Experience with JVM-based applications deployment and troubleshooting
- Ability to quit vim
- Experience with any of the following is a plus - Kubernetes, Docker, Cassandra, Kafka, MSSQL, Redis, MariaDB, Minio, Apache Camel.
- Pre-covid experience of working remotely is a plus
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees
- Work with general or minimal supervision
- Leverage existing and potential training
The position's most important skills are the ability to quickly grasp new concepts and problem-solving. Candidates who do not have extensive experience, but are extremely fast to learn, with high problem-solving skills can be considered as well. If you feel like this position suits you well but are worried about the previous professional experience, or age, do not hesitate to send your cover letter and CV.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com mentioning “Devops Engineer - YOUR NAME” in the subject line of the email.