We are looking for an experienced technical writer who is passionate about programming. As a successful hire, you will help us in authoring and maintaining documentation for the Kotlin programming language and tooling. You will work with different Kotlin development teams to identify and prioritize tasks and with other technical writers and proofreaders to produce world-class documentation for a global audience.
You will join a motivated team of professionals, which successfully helped Kotlin become a first-class language explicitly recommended by Google for Android development, win the prestigious OSCON Breakthrough of the Year award, and be voted the most-loved language in multiple worldwide large-scale community surveys such as the GitHub Octoverse and StackOverflow Developer Survey. Join us to be a part of this and help us achieve even more.
- Сollaborate with product management, product marketing, and technical support to understand user needs and documentation requirements.
- Work closely with development teams to get a clear understanding of how Kotlin products work
- Write clear and concise technical documentation for developer audiences, such as language guides, API references, tutorials, etc.
- Edit, clarify, and proofread documents written by others, and coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing.
- At least 3 years of experience working for IT companies
- Experience in writing software documentation, documentation for APIs, SDKs, or other technical end-user materials.
- Good understanding of programming fundamentals, software engineering concepts and processes. Hands-on programming experience is a plus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Fluent English, good command of Russian.
Part of the JetBrains family, Kotlin is a modern multiplatform programming language known for its concise syntax and pragmatic design. Kotlin provides ample opportunities for code-sharing and code-reuse between multiple projects on multiple platforms, as well as concurrent programming and productive development. Our aim is to make Kotlin one of the most used programming languages.
At JetBrains, code is our passion. For over 20 years, we’ve been striving to make the strongest, most effective developer tools. By automating routine checks and corrections, our tools speed up coding and software development, freeing you to grow, discover, and create.
- Competitive salary: determined individually, but above industry average.
- Bonuses based on your performance.
- Voluntary health insurance for employees, their spouse, and their children under the age of 18 (including dental insurance).
- 5 weeks of paid vacation.
- Full salary during sick leave.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Hot meals, free drinks, fruits, and snacks.
- Training, including English and German language classes.
- Opportunities to travel to professional conferences in Europe and the US.
- Job relocation help.