The JetBrains Marketing Research Team is looking for a Data Scientist. We are engaged in a wide range of projects for our Product, Sales, and Marketing departments. For our research, we use various internal/external data sources and statistical analysis. Our goal is to supply our product, marketing, and sales teams with the necessary data to help them improve pricing and marketing strategies and make informed decisions about product changes.
As part of the team, our data scientists ensure that JetBrains makes sound financial decisions. You will be involved in exploring a range of different business models as the company grows.
As a part of our team you will be:
- Develop advanced financial models for sales prediction and pricing.
- Evaluate the performance of our volume discounts and the special offers we have provided to customers and suggest improvements for maximizing revenues.
- Evaluate the price sensitivity of different customer groups and regions and provide suggestions for improving the pricing policies.
- Evaluate key segments of users on the market, quantitatively extract key topics from their opinions.
- Conduct research in order to answer questions about product prices, company revenue, and the effectiveness of sales and marketing activities.
- Work closely with other analysts and company leaders to understand and shape key priorities.
- Define and track meaningful metrics to support decision-making.
- Develop and produce regular insightful reports as needed.
- Report on the work done and make presentations of the results for research initiators.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the software, Internet, media or telecom industries.
- Experience in forecasting and valuations in a technical business.
- Knowledge of mathematical statistics with practical experience in the application of statistical methods.
- Strong knowledge of R or Python and related packages for statistical analysis and visualization.
- Demonstrable knowledge of SQL.
- Good English proficiency (sufficient speaking and writing skills).
Would be a plus:
- Master’s degree in business, finance, technical field or completion of additional courses (Computer Science Center, Yandex School of Data Analysis).
- Proven experience in developing effective forecasting models for pricing and financial processes.
- Hands-on experience in Natural Language Processing.
- Effective problem solving and advanced analytical and modeling skills, combined with impeccable business judgment and strategic thinking.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to engage with colleagues across company departments to achieve the best collaborative outcomes.