Who we are
We’re a growing international company from Helsinki (Finland) that helps online stores by automating the discovery and embedding of product videos. Our team is spread out across 6 countries around the world.
We’re artists, creators, designers, travelers, cyclists, programmers, dancers, photographers, writers, pet lovers, gamers, campers, runners, parents, sailors, entrepreneurs.
We all are so different, but we’re united by common values and goals: do exceptional work, have fun, build the best product in the business, experiment, treat people right, tell the truth, have a positive impact on the world around us, and keep learning.
Here’s what you will be doing
The app you will be working on is one of the cores of our business and a part of the whole system used by the internal team, a sort of Admin UI for controlling the customers' accounts. The one where the magic happens, you know ✨
That app has been written with Angular 1 and has a pretty simple UI made with Bootstrap. We'd like to rewrite it to a newer stack (most likely it will be Ember, as we're using it for two other of our apps), using a more sophisticated design. You'll be re-thinking, refactoring, and rewriting some of the old app functionality to a newer stack, section by section, but also developing new features for this new app.
Who you are
If you consider yourself an eager learner, a conscientious worker, and a thoughtful, kind, supportive human, we’re happy to accept you. You like to communicate proactively all the challenges ahead, making sure that all the expectations around are aligned properly. And of course, you like coding.
We’re looking for a skilled frontend engineer who would like to work for an international company that gives developers freedom, respect, flexible hours.
- 2+ years of experience in frontend development.
- Solid understanding of how browsers work, frontend ecosystem and web technologies in general.
- Understanding of application design patterns and the ability to apply those.
- Good understanding of how to debug and profile the code, find bottlenecks in performance.
- Experience with Ember (or maybe Angular 2+ as they share some concepts) and its ecosystem will be a plus
- Ability to read and write in English; speaking is a plus and fluency is a huge plus.
- Fluent Russian skills, as the development team's primary language is Russian.
- A can-do attitude and willingness to learn a lot in a short time (i.e., can you handle the guaranteed high demands on your brainpower?).
- A great team player who is able to share their work with their teammates and solve big problems in cooperation.
- Good analytical skills, ability to make truthful conclusions on problems and their causes
It's also natural for you to ask questions and say if there's something you're not that familiar with yet. There is always room to grow and learn, and you don't need to be perfect, no-one is. This is how we see honesty and humanity.
- Competitive salary
- Mobile phone benefit and paid home internet connection.
- Costs of professional books and courses related to work.
- Costs related to visiting conferences and professional events.
- Partial compensation for English language courses costs (60%).
- Flexible hours - you choose when to work and from where.
- Friendly environment
Рекомендуется к отклику приложить сопроводительное письмо — так мы сможем лучше понять, почему вы подходите на вакантную должность, какую пользу можете принести компании и почему должны выбрать именно вас! Можно на русском, но и на английском тоже принимается, если хотите показать навыки владения письменным английским.