We are a product oriented company from Philippines. Our main product is an electronic payment service and e-wallet for users from South Asian countries(for example, Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia).
Our product helps people to open access to financial tools in a complicated bank system situation.
Through our wallet users can send money anyone, pay for subscriptions, receive money transfers from 200+ countries and lands even without bank account.
Who you Are
- We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing data team.
- At your position you will be responsible for building and shipping data-driven applications that drive the existing and new business initiatives.
- We actively seek individuals who are high in industriousness and high in orderliness, with an intrinsic interest in data platforms and distributed systems.
- The ideal candidate has strong programming skills in creating software solutions around data.
- Build and maintain the organization’s data pipeline systems
- Plan, build, deploy, and maintain scalable kappa-architectured machine learning infrastructure
- Monitor and provide transparency into data quality across systems (accuracy, consistency, completeness, etc)
- Work on the data platform for BI team that prepares reports for different company departments
- Work closely with data science team on delivering and operationalizing ML-based applications in production
- Build the ETL framework
- Build ML driven and data-science friendly tools ecosystems
- Advanced programming skills using Java / Scala
- Knowledge of Linux and command line tools
- Understanding of distributed systems in general
- Experience in data processing frameworks (Hadoop/Spark/Flink)
- Knowledge of different storage engines (ideally relational, non-relational, distributed file systems)
- Self-management and communications skills
Skills good to have
- General programming skills in Python
- Python data-science tools and libraries (Jupyter, scikit-learn, numpy, scipy, pandas etc.)
- Data analytics
- Multi-threading programming
- Experience building Data Lake / BI platform / DWH
- CI/CD infrastructure
- Managed services on the cloud (AWS, GCP, etc)
- Open-source workflow managers (Apache Oozie, Apache Airflow, Luigi, Azkaban, etc.)
- Docker, Kubernetes
Our work environment
- Remote friendly
- Flexible schedule
- International geo distributed team
- Opportunity for business trips to SEA countries
- Open-mindedness for new technologies
- DevOps culture
- Focus on continuous learning and development
- Flexible Vacation