At datarockets we always were pretty skeptical about Node.js for web development and its ecosystem. It is time to change.
We're looking for an experienced engineer with whom we can grow expertise in Node.js stack. Someone who can setup standards for the company and who can contribute to the ecosystem: libraries and frameworks.
We want to be able to build high-quality and sustainable web applications on Node.js, to help clients with legacy codebases as well as use Node.js for new applications when appropriate.
What we're looking for
- Experience building web-applications on Node.js stack
- Good knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Experience building web-applications on other stacks, like PHP, Python, Ruby
- Good written and spoken English
In addition to the cover letter and CV, please answer these questions:
- What web frameworks did you use? How do you like them?
- What do you like about Node.js? What do you dislike?
- How would you organize codebase for a web app on Node.js?
- What is important in the good architecture of a web app?
- How do you deploy your apps? What experience do you have with infrastructure?
- How would you organize the documentation of an API?
Please show us examples of your code.
Check out our interview process for more information.