Remote Senior Frontend Engineer (React )
Isovalent is looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to work on the open source project https://github.com/cilium/hubble-ui. Hubble UI provides Kubernetes Ops Teams with zero-effort automatic discovery of the service dependency graph for Kubernetes Clusters, allowing user-friendly visualization and filtering of those dataflows as a Service Map. Powered by a very successful open-source project Cilium (5K+ stars on Github), Hubble UI is quickly gaining traction. You will have a chance to work with a very active and friendly user-base, talk to users directly and develop complex open source React applications that’s being used by developers all around the world.
We are looking for front-end engineers, who are passionate about TypeScript, React and visualization, but not afraid to get their hands dirty with node.js from time to time.
- VC backed startup, mostly engineers (20+)
- Very high-skilled and motivated team, with rich experience creating and contributing to open source projects (including linux kernel contributors)
- Distributed team, with offices in Mountain View (CA, USA) and Zurich (Switzerland), with half of the team working remotely from Europe, USA, Russia.
- Develop and maintain open source React.js application (typescript) https://github.com/cilium/hubble-ui
- Develop and maintain visualization React component that are integrated across different systems
- Follow open-source best-practices and help maintaining the project
- Work with collaboration with product, design and engineering teams to provide best UX
- Deliver and operate the UI frontend into production, in collaboration with engineering
Qualifications and Experience
- English is required — you should be able to read this and reply, but we would consider strong candidates with beginner english-speaking skills.
- Experience building rich web applications using React with complex workflows is required
- Experience with TypeScript is required
- Understanding UI state management is required
- Experience building complex web visualizations is strongly desired
- Experience with GraphQL is strongly desired
- Experience with node.js is strongly desired
- Knowledge of D3.js is desirable
- Experience working with remote team, collaborating in cross-functional teams throughout a project’s lifecycle, from design to production
- Experience with continuous integration and end-to-end UI testing infrastructure desirable
- We organize and pay for visits to one of the offices to meet the team
- We could sponsor Visa to EU or USA
- We grant equity
Please send your CV (Resume) and:
- 2-3 slots in upcoming weeks where you can talk by skype for 15 minutes (8AM-11:30AM Pacific Time)
- If you have - link to your Github, or projects that you worked on as React engineer or if it has rich visualization, but not react - is ok too
Candidates with cover letter (few sentences about yourself and what did you do with React) will be considered first.
Send reply to: email@example.com