We are looking for a strong java developer for the RiskEngine team in DeutscheBank. RiskEngine platform serves more then ten major business lines in the bank and is responsible for the product valuation and reporting of Risk and P&L data for Trading Desks, Regulators, etc. Our clients include:
- Front Office who requires the valuations to exploit trading opportunities
- Transaction Management Group requiring detailed reports about positions being traded on a daily basis
- Various Downstream groups within Deutsche Bank who need data for client and regulatory reporting, internal risk management etc.
RiskEngine is a massively distributed Risk & PnL valuation system running on more than 20 thousand CPUs. Major challenges include continued adoption of new businesses and financial products, maintenance and improvement of the platform ensuring optimal usage of available resources.The development process in the project is based on Scrum and LESS. There are several scrum teams that are cross-functional and that cover all technical aspects of Platform from scripting and server side to UI.
Duties And Responsibilities
The position is for a strong Java developer. The role is predominantly Java development for the RiskEngine platform. Daily duties include:
- Analysis of problems and requests for change
- Development of solutions and delivery into production
- Code review with other team members
- Test automation
- Level 3 production support.
- Contribution to the definition of the future strategic technology solutions for RiskEngine platform
Experience / Requirements (Required)
- Strong background in Java 8 server-side development, including multi-threaded applications
- UNIX/Linux scripting.
- SQL (Oracle).
- Design Patterns
- Confident, articulate, enthusiastic and able to operate independently.
- English – upper-intermediate
- Good communication skills, including the ability to explain complex technical issues in an easily understandable way to management and clients.
Experience / Requirements (nice to have)
- Maven / Jenkins.
- Apache Kafka.
- Pair programming
- Knowledge of Risk & PNL would be beneficial but specific financial product knowledge is not essential.
- Experience within a global team working with colleagues and clients in numerous worldwide locations would be beneficial.