The Cloud and Systems Management department at SUSE is looking for a Senior Ruby Developer to work on the SUSE Customer Center (scc.suse.com).
SCC is the place where SUSE customers manage their purchased SUSE subscriptions, access software updates and get in contact with SUSE Customer Support.
Who we are
We are an international team of developers and designers, responsible for the full-stack development.
We are are managing our infrastructure, devops style: the automated deployment, chef scenarios and testing infrastructure is maintained across the whole team.
We are Agile practicioners, with daily standup meetings and a test-driven development style using pull requests and code reviews.
We stay in direct contact with customers and other teams at SUSE to quickly identify and adapt to user needs and respond to customer issues.
We love to learn, are passionate about our applications, and our prime goal is to create a great experience to our users.
- Work self-reliantly in a modern agile software engineering environment
- Design new technology concepts based on customer requirements and realize them.
- Make use of continuous integration and write automated unit and integration tests for your code.
- Troubleshooting customer issues, identify the problems and find a sustainable solution
- Constantly maintain and refine our operational setup to ensure the overall stability of our platform.
- You have experience building and shipping consumer or enterprise products for the web.
- You are passionate about creating excellent software which meets the goals of its users.
- You are happy to work in our team and able to keep up with our technology stack and our way of working.
Submit your resume, including a cover letter telling us who you are and why this job at SUSE is for you. If you've done any previous open source work, show us. Please provide everything in one pdf to make our HR system happy.
In order to prove your skills, we would like you to perform the following exercise:
"Professor Xavier is looking for a tool that allows him to easily form various teams of mutants and assign different tasks to those teams. Please develop a Rails application for Prof. X and point us to a repository with your app's code."