Yandex is looking for a business process specialist with an experience implementing innovative business management practices (BI, ERP etc.) at large enterprises to fill a position of a project manager for our Big Data projects.
In this job you will:
- run projects for clients across a broad range of industries (e.g. retail, banking, manufacturing) together with data scientists and software developers;
- manage projects from brief to completion;
- perform routine project planning, budgeting and day-to-day project management operations;
- use, or learn how to use, big data and machine learning tools.
- project management skills in complex IT-systems;
- experience implementing solutions for corporate clients;
- experience managing projects of at least 9 to 12 man-months;
- interest in innovation;
- effective negotiation skills and problem solving skills;
- at least a BSc or MSc degree;
- ability and willingness to teach, share your knowledge with others and learn from them;
- ability to convincingly defend or support your point of view;
- initiative and ability to work without supervision.
- knowledge of tools and methods in data analysis, including BI methodologies and tools;
- knowledge of mathematical statistics and probability theory;
- knowledge of Python, Java, C++, C or Perl;
- knowledge of MATLAB, R, Octave or SciPy;
- knowledge of MapReduce or Hadoop.