We are looking for a solid Hadoop engineer to join our team. Your role will be to help us develop Big Data applications that have an impact on our customers. The role of the Hadoop Engineer will be to develop ETL data pipelines and to work with Internal teams to deploy using internal DevOps tools. The ideal candidate will have a solid background working with distributed Big Data technologies, SQL based data bases and BI tools. You should have a combination of coding skills, design skills, and communication skills that will significantly enhance the capacity and effectiveness of our global team.
- Design and implement data integrations between big data systems, data bases and other internal/external business systems.
- Help manage the Hadoop cluster and other BI infrastructure.
- Partner with DevOps teams to create new processes and programs for managing the Continuous Development and Continuous Integration of ETL Pipelines and BI solutions into our products.
- Partner with marketing and product management to create reports and dashboards to support up market growth.
- Partner with Operations and Engineering to create reports and dashboards on the health of our infrastructure.
- Partner with finance to create reports and dashboards on the companies finances.
- Partner with Sales to to create reports and dashboards to help understand our sales processes.
- Provide in-depth troubleshooting for all reporting issues and quickly drive resolutions.
- Gather both business and technical requirements to continuously enhance dashboards and reports.
- Analyze and improve performance, scalability, and long-term stability of overall BI systems.
- Contribute to the design and development of new reporting features.
- Strong Linux system administrator skills.
- Knowledge and experience with distributed Big Data Technology like Hadoop or NoSQLDB: MongoDB/Cassandra/Vertica etc.
- RDBMS: Oracle/MySQL/MSSQL Server, etc.
- Strong Knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Strong Knowledge and Experience in DevOps and their processes.
- Expert understanding of ETL principles and how to apply them.
- Be able to write java code, and basic coding/scripting ability in Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP.
- Experienced with Linux system monitoring and analysis.
- Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications.
- Networking (DNS, TCP/IP).
- Technology-related Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills and experience.
- Self-starter who is excited about learning new technology.
- Experience with Devops tools like Chef or Puppet is a plus.
- Experience with BI tools like Tableau, Qlikview, Microstrategy, Birst, Hyperion etc. is a plus.
- Experience with data integration tools like Talend, Pentaho, Syncsort or others is a plus.
- Well coordinated professional team.
- Cutting edge technologies, interesting and challenging tasks, dynamic project, great opportunities for self-realization, professional and career growth.
- Corporate training programs, English language courses.
- Business trips and further work in foreign branch offices (including H1-B U.S., Philippines, China).
- Job placement and payment of salary take place according to the labor code.
- Individual and team bonuses.
- Sick leaves 100% paid.
- 28 day vacation 100% paid in accordance with the current salary.
- Medical assistance (voluntary health insurance, dental insurance, office doctor).
- Great working conditions, modern business center, cycle parking, equipped kitchens, tea, coffee, soft drinks and sweets.
- Corporate events, trips, sports.
- Office in 10-minute walk from the subway.
- Nonresident applicants granted Relocation Bonus and help in finding accommodation in St. Petersburg.