Местоположение и тип занятости
Rainforest is an eCommerce startup founded by experienced startup operators (previously Carousell, Ovo, Fave & Airbnb). We are backed by top venture capital firms in SE-Asia. We acquire consumer eCommerce brands to grow them globally. We leverage technology to grow the brands with a long-term horizon, improving both financial returns and sustainability.
The role: Data Engineer
Join our team in building a new generation of consumer goods brands - leveraging technology to manage and grow these assets worldwide.
You will be working with collecting and analysing eCommerce data to find acquisition targets, integrating new datasets resulting from acquisition of new business, synchronizing different operational systems, and creating scalable & robust data infrastructure.
We are looking for a professional who is on top of the latest technologies and would like to continue to grow together with us in our organisation. You'll be working with a team of fellow engineers who will help develop your skills as you similarly contribute your expertise and knowledge.
- Build scalable, high performance and easily-maintainable data infrastructure
- Extend and improve existing internal architecture
- Own the quality of the data delivered for reporting and analytics, including writing unit tests, monitor issues and debug data inconsistencies
- Import, normalize and analyze large data sets
- Organize and document data definitions and metrics
- At least 5+ years of working experience in data engineering or data analytics
- At least 5+ years of experience with advanced SQL
- Professional experience with Python
- Knowledge of database structure and AWS
- Understanding of database technologies such as PostgreSQL
- Strong willingness to learn new technologies
- Previous experience in a role related to eCommerce is a plus
What the data engineer will do:
- Server architecture improvement and management
- Database optimization (solid understanding of Postgres + AWS)
- Data definitions
- Own the data - Writing logic to store the data from Amazon and Shopify APIs. For example remaking the way we store data in the Summary Objects and Order Items.
- Create data backups and data dumps for 3rd party visualization software
We have stock option program for talented individuals.
Please, share your technical experience in a few sentences.