IT Camp partner – SWISSCOM – Switzerland’s leading telco company and one of leading Swiss IT companies. Over 19000 employees are working for Swisscom in Switzerland, Italy and Netherlands and it is one of Switzerland’s most sustainable and innovative companies, one of the top 3 Swiss employers for IT specialists – one league with worldwide giants like Google and Microsoft
Swisscom operations areas are: mobile telecommunications, fixed network, Internet and digital TV solutions for business and residential customers; development and maintenance of the wireless and wireline network infrastructure, distribution broadcasting signals and being active also in the banking, energy, entertainment, advertising and healthcare sectors.
Due to the growth of company, brand new DevOps centre is being established in Riga, Latvia, and we invite you to join and take part in breath-taking journey to the new great success story together with Swisscom. Become the one who stands at the origins of Swisscom DevOps Centre in Riga.
What you would need to know.
Structure of company: horizontal, Agile. The operational structure of DevOps centre is 100% Agile. Every engineer is responsible for the operations tasks of the system he or she is working on. Agile teams are fully empowered to make their own decisions, to take over ownership and to be responsible for their actions.
Environment: Innovative. Flexible. Transparent. Stable. Start-up environment of newly established site under management and investment of Swiss corporation. Newly equipped and outfitted office with Swisscom branding.
Size of Team in Riga: 40 developers/DevOps by the end of 2021
Team that is responsible for delivering data between Swisscom as a service provider and customers. The team is working in all layers of the solution - starting from equipment and cabling, networking/fiber up to application and GUI.
- To model, develop, configure, and operate network process orchestration for active and passive components for our internal stakeholders;
- To document, test, and operate our applications and integrations, and to provide support during the applications’ lifecycles;
- To collaborate closely with your colleagues in an Agile setup by openly sharing new ideas and willing to learn new technologies.
- more than 3 years hands-on experience and know-how of Java;
- experience with SQL is a must;
- Knowledge of container-orchestration systems (Kubernetes/ Docker);
- Experience with CI/CD tooling (Jenkins, Maven, HELM);
- Very good English (both written and spoken).
Will be an advantage:
- Knowledge of HPE Service Director is a plus;
- Basic knowledge of fiber technologies and NaaS in general;
- Experience in IaaS and PaaS;
- Results-driven collaborator and open communicator, happy to share knowledge and learn from others. Enthusiastic and flexible self-starter;
- Experience with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe) and pronounced Agile mindset;
- German is a plus;
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience in software development or infrastructure is a plus.
- Salary till 2623 EUR net (depending on experience);
- Flexible schedule and possibility to combine work from office and remote mode;
- Relocation package;
- Newest Technologies, employees are working with all kinds of different technologies including leading edge solutions;
- 24 working days of annual paid holiday per year, excluding public holiday;
- Cell Phone and Internet Allowance;
- Health Insurance;
- Continuous professional development (dedicated learning days, participation in conferences, cross-department experience sharing etc.);
- Yearly salary review.