SORAMITSU is an award-winning financial technology company delivering blockchain-based solutions that represent the next-generation of fintech and DeFi for enterprises, universities, and governments.
Established in Japan in 2016. Currently employing over 100 people across the globe with offices in Switzerland, Russia, Cambodia, Thailand, Japan, Niue and Dubai.
We have many widely recognized projects in both institutional and crypto, including Bakong, Fearless Wallet, KAGOME, FUHON, and of course, our core contributions to Hyperledger Iroha, SORA and Polkaswap.
SORAMITSU was recognized as the "Central Bank Digital Currency Partner of the Year 2020" by Central Banking.
Our distributed team is spread across Europe, Asia, Middle East, North America and Oceania. We use Telegram for communication, Zoom for meetings, Google Workspace and Notion for collaboration, and Jira, Confluence and GitHub to facilitate agile development processes in general.
This is a remote position, though we do have physical offices in many locations. There is also a possibility for relocation to Thailand or Dubai, however you would still be able to work remotely from anywhere. Note that team meetings are held during European working hours (UTC+2/+3), and it is expected that you would adapt and be available accordingly.
We are looking for a creative and diligent UX/UI designer with a passion and keen eye for visual aesthetics and detail.You will be responsible for:
- Executing on all phases of the UX/UI design process from helping to evaluate user stories and collecting user feedback to creating user flows, lo-fi/hi-fi wireframing and prototyping, and designing high fidelity prototypes and mockups for web and mobile application user interfaces
- Transforming technical insights into informed user-centric design decisions and creating complete documentation on flows and interactions
- Creating visually striking UI design, fitting the brand aesthetics and design standards while incorporating usability findings, feedback and metrics
- Performing analysis to help drive UX optimization and efficiency
- Developing deep relationships within the organization to understand the needs and establish strong user-centric brand-aligned solutions throughout the business
- Following an iterative development timeline to ensure tasks are being completed on time
- Maintaining and working with a reusable component-based design system while adhering to brand guidelines
- Creating UI animation concepts and defining micro-interactions
- Conducting user-testing and feedback evaluation in order to refine and optimize user flows for best user experience
- Managing your responsibilities with little supervision
- A portfolio/showcase demonstrating UX/UI design skills/experience with a high level of proficiency and creativity with at least 6 years of proven professional experience
- Complete competence in delivering high quality UI designs using Figma while adhering to best practices for web and native mobile app design
- Complete proficiency in maintaining and working with design systems and adhering to iOS and Android guidelines
- Experience and knowledge of visual design principles, interaction and responsive design, color theory, iconography and typography
- Experience working with front-end developers to deliver seamless design handoff
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS
- Experience working in cross-functional teams with engineering, marketing, and other stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and incomplete information
- Ability to take ownership and drive projects from beginning to end
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly create trust-based relationships
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude while giving and receiving constructive criticism with a high level of empathy and understanding for various people, positions, and cultures
- Resumes will not be considered without an accompanying portfolio
- Experience in blockchain-related projects
- Personal experience of using cryptocurrencies, and familiarity with decentralized exchanges, wallets and DeFi protocols
- Knowledge and broad understanding of enterprise blockchain solutions, including payments and identity systems
- Knowledge of meme magic
- An opportunity to be a part of an award-winning team designing a better world through decentralized technologies
- Flexible work schedule and relaxed work environment
- Permanent, full-time position with a growing international team of professionals
- Quarterly bonuses based on productivity
- Educational budget
- Possibility of relocation to Thailand or Dubai
- Possibility to visit global meetups and conferences for education and/or giving a speech
SORAMITSU is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.