Work at Exadel - Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
The customer is changing the way providers and payers manage their billing and payment processing needs for workers' compensation, property & casualty, and group health industries. With the customer’s products, providers streamline billing operations, improve payment cycles, and reduce the frictional costs of checking bill & payment status.
The customer is a key technology-enabled partner of leading insurance companies, bill review and claims software companies, managed care networks, provider organizations, and clearinghouses. They build and manage eBilling, eRemittance, ePayment, eAdjustor, and eProvider Gateways. The customer’s flexible product suite allows providers and payers to achieve compliance with emerging jurisdictional rules requiring electronic bill receipt and remittance advice delivery.
The customer is widely recognized for its deep knowledge and technical competence within the insurance industry. They provide strong participation and thought leadership within both legislative and standards setting organizations. The customer’s expanding connectivity network now links over 5,000 insurance payers with 1,500,000 providers nationally.
About Our Project:
The customer is building an enterprise data warehouse platform to consolidate data sources and provide a multitude of reports to leadership and working professionals. The current initiative relies heavily on cloud offerings, but does not require dedicated Big Data and real-time processing technologies.
One of the primary goals is to retrieve data increments from Oracle Cloud Infrastructure without slowing down or disrupting operational processes. Another goal is to investigate available technological solutions for data warehouse and ETL processes based on the business requirements
- Knowledge of enterprise data warehousing concepts and experience with building warehouses and lakehouses (3+ years of experience)
- Experience (in order of priority) with AWS, Azure, or GCP data-related services
- Experience (in order of priority) with Snowflake, Azure Synapse, Redshift, or Azure SQL
- Good understanding of ETL tools such as Airflow, Talend, Fivetran, etc.
- Experience with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, or ability to quickly learn
- Some experience with on-premises Oracle RDBMS
Nice to have:
- Domain knowledge in health insurance
- Experience with retrieving data from various sources by API
- Experience with PII data management
- Participate in prototyping platform components and comparing technologies
- Collaborate with business and technology stakeholders in ensuring data warehouse architecture development and utilization
- Consolidate and optimize knowledge about available systems and data sources
- Design data models based on business requirements
- Participate in building the company’s analytics culture