Senior DevOps Engineer (Relocation to Bangkok)
Местоположение и тип занятости
Amity is a leading enabler of mobile and digital social experiences. Amity Social Cloud, the business's flagship platform, allows companies to easily integrate social functions into their app or digital channels. These include functions such as social feed, video stories, messaging, chatbots, and much more. Once deployed, these social functions help grow engagement, communities, positive experiences, and revenues. Amity Social Cloud, built with scalability and quality in mind, now delivers over two billion messages per month.
With five offices - Bangkok, London, Milan, Amsterdam, and Austin (TX) - in different countries and with more than 200 passionate employees consisting of 30 different nationalities, Amity has the scale to support social experiences worldwide.
Discover more: https://www.amity.co/about
In order to build a world-class team, Amity welcomes people from all over the world. We are an international company and happy to support our new top talents with a relocation allowance to successfully move and settle in Bangkok.
- join our DevOps team of 6 staff on varying levels of experience, from new grads to expert level, working on-site in our Bangkok office and help actively in our DevOps adoption.
- Own back-end service that runs on event-driven and microservice architecture.
- Lead capacity planning with the team to ensure scalability while less infrastructure cost impact.
- Manage our infrastructure with Terraform, Pulumi, Ansible, and Kubernetes.
- Design, build and maintain core infrastructure pieces that allow Our service scaling to support millions of concurrent users.
- Know what is the use of config management systems
- Be on a PagerDuty rotation to respond to our services availability incidents and provide support for product engineers with customer incidents following SLA.
- Keep a close eye by monitoring and alerting on symptoms and not on outages.
- Document every action so your findings turn into repeatable actions – and then into automation. so you don't need to learn the same thing twice.
- Debug production issues across services and various technology stacks.
- Think about systems - edge cases, failure modes, behaviors, specific implementations.
- Have an enthusiastic, go-for-it attitude. When you see something broken, you can't help but fix it.
- Improve the deployment process to make it as boring as possible to avoid surprises on production.
- We might support on-premises installations of some of our products in future and from time to time we might visit our customers, this requires us to be open to travel domestic and international.
- Knowledge sharing via workshops within the team and across teams is as important as being able to work without much guidance and document as well as possible.
Joining Amity is a unique opportunity to become a part of a global tech start-up backed up by leading VC firms with more than $ 30M funding raised to date while having a chance to leave a deep personal mark when building strategies and processes from scratch.
We value efficiency and are always looking for ways to improve our tech stack to provide the best experience to our users. Our commitment to the latest developments in React, Mobx, Node.js, and native iOS and Android frameworks allows us to iterate quickly while providing a clean, maintainable architecture that's a joy to develop.
We are looking for :
- 5 years + hands-on Linux administration experience, we use mostly Ubuntu
- 3 years + cloud experience (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc, we use AWS)
- 2 years + IaC and configuration management experience, we use Terraform and Ansible
- 2 years + CI / CD experience, we use Jenkins but are moving to GitLab CI
- 1 years + Kubernetes experience, we use EKS
- 1 years + MongoDB experience, self-hosted for now
- Experience to run Node.js based applications
- Good command of English (written and spoken)
- Confident in giving training / workshops
- Values good practices
- SDLC knowledge is a plus
- Comprehensive healthcare package
- Flexible hours
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Travel benefits
- Team outings, lunches, and bonding activities
- Work in our gorgeous office in Bangkok, Thailand
- Thai masseuse in the office (ooh la laaa)
- Work with distributed teams globally in Amsterdam, Austin, Bangkok, London, and Milan.
- Visibility of your results and direct impact on the product
- A collaborative, respectful environment where your voice will always be heard
- Many More - We have a whole team dedicated to making Amity an awesome place to work!