Database Engineer (DBA, PostgreSQL)
Местоположение и тип занятости
Exness, a leading foreign exchange broker in the financial services field, is looking for a Database Engineer (DBA), who will administrate a various databases, participate in developing modern infrastructure solutions to allow the speedy development and release of Exness products and services. You will be driving reliability to systems in production and helping the team spend less time working on support escalations to give the team more time to build new features and services.
What you will do:
- Manage various databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems;
- Analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end;
- Provide support for database security configuration and management, including accounts, roles and privileges;
- Assist developers with schema design, code review, query tuning;
- Create automation for repeating database tasks;
- Use high-speed transaction recovery and backup techniques;
- Create and manage database reports, visualizations and dashboards;
- Implement changes and apply new patches and versions;
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
You are best equipped for this role if you have:
- Bachelor degree;
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL, especially PostgreSQL;
- Experience in development / administration of IT systems 3 years+;
- Linux administration experience at least 1 year;
- Experience with NoSQL databases. E.g.: MongoDB;
- Good understanding of database design, implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance;
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options;
- Good knowledge of capacity planning and architecture design for database servers deployment;
- Spoken and written English – intermediate level;
- Spoken and written Russian – fluent level.
Will be a plus if you have:
- Experience with cloud services ( AWS, GoogleCloud);
- Experience with analytical databases like Vertica;
- Experience with ClickHouse.
We would highly appreciate if you are:
- Detail-oriented and passionate about quality;
- Critical thinker and good problem-solving skills;
- A team player;
- A person with a strong desire to research and study new database technologies.
For remote employees:
- Medical insurance for employees;
- Compensation for sports activities;
- Trip to Cyprus office to get to know your Team (once a year).
For employees who want to relocate:
- Outstanding relocation package to Cyprus;
- New branded corporate Mini Cooper Countryman S for the employee and the family;
- Medical insurance for employees and immediate family members;
- Company fitness center for employees and their spouses;
- Parking near the office or a bus pass;
- Kindergarten/school compensation program;
- The best view of the sea from our own roof bar;
- We support the relocation of our candidates by providing visa and migration processing and do our best to help them to be successful in the company.