We’re looking for Senior Ruby on Rails Developer with a passion for programming and writing powerful code.
Since 1998 Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe and Asia.
About the Customer:
The customer is an educational technology company based in Salt Lake City, Utah. It is the developer and publisher of a Web-based learning management system and a massive open online course (MOOC) platform.
About the Project:
The customer’s studio is an interactive approach to video-based learning. The goal for 2021 is to increase studio revenue across all segments, increasing WAP in HE by making the studio the must-have video management solution for the customer’s learning management system.
Some of the themes for our 2021 roadmap are:
- Integrating and ensuring interoperability with Chromebooks and other video tools
- Implementing video sharing tools
- Adding analytics
- Providing features for accessibility and video editing
- Building APIs to support video management
- Working with engineers to replace the legacy video player
- Creating new SKUs to help with upselling
Project Technology Stack:
Front End: React
Back End: Ruby on Rails, AWS
Additional Tech Used: Terraform, Jenkins
- 3+ years of work experience as a Ruby on Rails developer
- Experience with Postgres database
- Ruby: 2.6.5, Rails: 5.2.3, React 16.8.6
- AWS services like EC2, CloudFront, SQS, Lambda, S3, and RDS
- Experience developing highly interactive applications
- A firm grasp of object-oriented analysis and design
- Passion for writing great, simple, clean, efficient code
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or in related field
- Excellent communication skills
- Design robust, scalable, and secure features
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Follow best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, and code standards)
- Drive continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies into design
- Think tactically and strategically
Advantages of working with Exadel:
- You'll build your expertise with Sales Support, which provides assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- There are opportunities for continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener
- You'll have the chance to improve your English skills with the help of native speakers
- We participate in cultural, sport, charity, and entertainment events, and we'd love to have you there, too!