We are looking for an experienced data engineer to join our team. You will use various methods to transform raw data into useful data systems. Overall, you’ll strive for efficiency by aligning data systems with business goals.
To succeed in this data engineering position, you should have strong scraping and analytical skills and the ability to combine data from different sources. Data engineer skills also include familiarity with several programming languages and knowledge of learning machine methods.
If you are detail-oriented, with excellent organizational skills and experience in this field, we’d like to hear from you.
What we value
Because of the distributed nature of our team it's highly important that you are a responsible and autonomous professional. Building trust while you are not in the same room requires being transparent and being able to share your point of view, even if it's challenging, without damaging others.
You will work into a dynamic environment, specific to a young, ambitious and growing company. A can-do attitude, oriented on results, is a must in order to fit well within the team.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Analyze and organize raw data
- Build data systems and pipelines
- Evaluate business needs and objectives
- Interpret trends and patterns
- Conduct complex data analysis and report on results
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modeling
- Build algorithms and prototypes
- Combine raw information from different sources
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
- Identify opportunities for data acquisition
- Develop analytical tools and programs
- Collaborate with data scientists and architects on several projects
- Previous experience as a data engineer or in a similar role
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Hands-on experience with No SQL database design
- Great numerical and analytical skills
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, or similar field; a Master’s is a plus
What's in it for you
Start-up growth: joining Salary Board now means coming in at the start, and playing an important role in the direction of this start-up.
Pay & Equity: in addition to a competitive pay, we would provide you with ESOP commensurate with your experience and contribution to the team.
Productivity hacks: you’ll work in an intense problem-solving environment together with experienced professionals that will share smart ways to do more with less.
Technical skills: this is a perfect opportunity to gain exposure in working with machine learning and data analysis.
We are a group of 10 professionals, spread on 3 continents, from SE Asia to Europe. For the last 4 years we passionately developed and commercialized Data as a Service solutions that help businesses and professionals better understand the labor market in terms of compensation, supply and demand.
HR Tech has been a hot topic worldwide in the last couple of years and we are well positioned to be a leader company in the space of people analytics benchmark.
We are a fully remote team spread between GMT+8 and GMT time zones.