Full-Stack Web Engineer
Местоположение и тип занятости
Do you want to join a pioneer company in the field of computer vision, spatial computing and AI/DL technology with a team of developers with diverse experience and enjoy a creative work environment?
Join Occipital, Inc. (USA), makers of Canvas - a mobile app for 3D scanning homes - which was just featured in Apple’s own keynote about the iPhone 12 Pro as a significant example of what you can do with its new LiDAR sensor.
About this position
In short, Canvas is bringing 3D capture to the world of home improvement. We combine our cutting-edge computer vision expertise with Apple’s new LiDAR sensor to help architecture, design, and renovation companies measure and digitize homes in a fraction of the time it used to take, using everyday mobile devices. The product has been around for 4+ years (using Structure Sensor, a 3D sensor accessory by the same company), but it is now experiencing a surge of growth due to the proliferation of devices with embedded 3D sensing.
As a full-stack web developer, you will join an established web team in building both the pipes of our product, as well as the tools that power our business and operations. The product experience has a lot of surface area (computer vision tech, human-in-the-loop internal operations, customer-facing web portals and app interfaces, etc), as well as complex business operations, so you will touch a wide variety of products and tools. Your work will directly help thousands of architecture, design, and renovation companies save time and grow their business with 3D capture, and it will help our team serve them better.
This role will involve a healthy mix of feature development, data analytics, and dev-ops, so it is ideal for someone who likes variety in the type of projects they work on.
- At least 2 years of professional work experience in Python.
- At least 2 years of professional experience working with Django (and Django Rest Framework).
- An eye for UX, and an ability to internalize the needs of the customer. You are not expected to be a designer, but you may have to make (and justify) implementation decisions in the absence of a mock-up.
- Strong overall communication skills. We are a high-communication team, so you’ll be expected to share progress frequently, raise blockers and concerns proactively, and operate autonomously.
- Good spoken and written English is a must, with the majority of communication being written.
Pluses (or will need to learn in this position)
- Official employment in full accordance with labor law
- Stock options in the US company
- Flexible working hours, no bureaucracy
- A cozy office in the center of Moscow (Shabolovskaya subway station)
- Health insurance program, meals compensation and other benefits
- Access to the newest devices and prototypes for developers (3D cameras, phones, etc.)
- Business trips to the US
This position is based in our Moscow R&D center.
We are working remotely during the COVID pandemic, so your physical location won't matter at the beginning.