A senior DevOps engineer for an IoT platform (Sensors + SaaS). The platform capable of handling millions of data events from hundreds of thousands of sensors every day.
The platform is making the unfulfilled promise of scalable IoT (Internet of Things) a reality. Our goal is to be the global go-to provider for connected devices in smart buildings, creating dynamic solutions for everyday challenges. Our mantra is "keep it simple, keep it stable" and this ethos drives our product dev elopment.
We are a small, rapidly expanding team, but already have a broad portfolio of blue-chip clients – a testament to the strength of our product market fit.
With cutting-edge, low-cost micro sensors provided by a 3rd party partner we're able to turn any building into a ‘smart’ building at a fraction of the cost of existing providers. The simplicity of our solution enables clients to self-install thousands of sensors in a matter of hours, and receive immediate real-time data. With the analytics and reporting we generate, companies can run more efficiently, pre-empt failures, save money, meet regulatory requirements, provide better environments.
About the Role
- Working with us means working directly with live, high-profile end clients and shaping the future of our product.
- You’ll be dealing with very large, real datasets from a wide range of sensor types and use cases – with data processed in real time.
- You’ll work in AWS (e.g. Cloudformation, DynamoDB, ECS, Lambda), Docker, Python, Django and microservices. We’re looking for you to join so you can help scale out a distributed architecture from a multitude of data sources for a wide variety of live clients.
- You’ll be working on a greenfield project where everything is hosted in AWS and everything is automated.
- You’ll work alongside a very small team, meaning you’ll have loads of responsibility and will make a huge impact on our architecture processes.
- Experience delivering infrastructure-as-code
- Experience working with Microservices
- Cloudformation knowledge
- API development experience
- Python knowledge gained in a web context using Django or Flask
- Personal interest in tech demonstrated by a side
- project; open-source, technical blog, Github etc
Full or Part time engagement, full remote. Fluent English is must.