We are seeking an innovative Middle C++ Developer to design high-end applications for our clients. You will be determining the scope of software development projects, collaborating on the development of software applications, and obtaining and integrating end-user feedback.
Since 1998 Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe and Asia.
The Customer is a privately owned company providing a global file system for enterprises storing data in the cloud. Based in Campbell, California, the company has satellite offices across the USA, and in the UK and New Zealand.
About the Project:
You will work with cloud storage on a number of different solutions, work in a growing hybrid storage company to help support one of the most widely used interfaces to the product. Our platform engineers work alongside quality assurance and other development engineers to identify and address issues impacting customers directly. You will be working primarily on the platform team for Samba/NFS/S3 development work. Typical work includes maintaining the platform issues (samba/NFS/S3) for any customer issues and development work for new product requirements.
- 2+ years of experience as a C++ software developer
- Current knowledge of C++ standards and specifications
- Knowledge of Samba
- Excellent knowledge of SMB/SMB2 protocol
- Strong knowledge of network analysis tools
- Good understanding of Unix/Linux system programming and debugging skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work with other engineers across the product in different geographies
- Extensive experience in deploying software across a variety of platforms and operating systems
- Superb analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Great organizational and time management skills
Nice to have:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or similar
- C++ certification would be a great plus
- Consulting with internal stakeholders to determine the scope of software development projects
- Collaborating with the software development team on application design and development
- Performing diagnostic tests and debugging procedures
- Optimizing software by performing maintenance, updates, and upgrades
- Documenting processes and maintaining software development records
- Keeping up to date with C++ standards and advancements in application development
Advantages of working with Exadel:
- Attractive salary — we reward your commitment to our company
- Personal development — we understand that life-long learning is important and support everything that encourages a personal willingness to learn
- Language classes with a native speaker
- Flexible work schedule — a good work-life balance is the most important prerequisite for being creative and productive
- Friendly work environment
- Interesting job in an innovative company with the latest technologies
- Collaboration with a team full of interesting people
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.