We seek a frontend developer who has experience coding pages and building apps. We want to work with someone who explores technologies (a11y, performance optimization, PWA), someone who looks for better ways to solve problems and improve user experience.
Skills we're looking for
- Passion to make apps with best user experience possible.
- Knowledge of how web works (basic networking, HTTP protocol).
- Experience building SPA that interacts with API.
- Knowledge of architecture patterns in modern frontend applications (authentication, data-modeling on frontend).
- Ability to debug apps and 3rd-party libraries.
- Initiative to speak up and code a web page for small screens when we have a design for desktop version only.
- Advanced level of working with tools: DevTools, CLI tools, git.
- Good written and spoken English: almost all the communications technical and non-technical are in English.
Sneak Peek of datarockets
We work remotely 🇧🇾 🇷🇺 🇨🇦 🇻🇳 🇰🇿 🇺🇿 🇲🇩 🇦🇲 🇵🇱. It's a common comment that it requires a lot of self-discipline to work remotely. We believe it is more about good processes and habits.
Good processes is something we've been working on for the last five years. We moved our conversations to chats. We make calls for pair programming and discussing tasks in real time but always write a summary after the call.
It's important to be pro-active and inform everyone about things you do and obstacles you have even if nobody asks.
We believe that it's much easier to work together when you know your teammates personally, not only their work skills. It is easier to ask someone for help quickly if you were discussing a recent movie premier just yesterday.
In order to make people know each other better we have weekly check-ins — an all hands one hour long call where we share what happened with us during the last week: last book we read, a new place we visited, family event we had.
Twice a year we organize a party and bring everyone to it. We spend time together and chat a lot. That's very interesting time since we have people from different cultures. You can learn how traditional wedding parties look like in Vietnam and how to cook lagman.
We work remotely #remote and know how to do it well.
We cover 50% of educational activities.
In addition to the cover letter and CV, please answer on these questions:
- How do you organize storing data on frontend? What are pros and cons of your approach?
- What makes a good user experience in your opinion, what is important?
Please show us examples of your code.
Check out our interview process for more information.