Sr. Backend Engineer (Go) - Analytics Platform (Remote)
Whisk is a food-tech platform that helps consumers turn food inspiration into action (buy, cook) through a shopping list and saved recipe box. Whisk has both a B2C side that’s available on multiple web, mobile and hardware surfaces and a B2B side which makes the Whisk platform available to some of the world’s largest recipe publishers, grocery retailers and CPG brands.
Whisk was acquired by Samsung NEXT in March 2019 and is investing heavily in developing and scaling the platform, in a way that each investment is not only adding value to its own experience but also to the network of partners overall.
Whisk is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer with extensive knowledge of Go language and it’s ecosystem to work on the Analytics Platform.
This is a 3 months contract based role with potential extension.
This Platform will streamline the Data Infrastructure for our portfolio of products. Initially, it will standardize a data collection with routing to various destinations and provide interfaces for efficient access of data.
Within this team you will be participating in defining product architecture, working on the implementation, and guiding technical decisions for a number of service components.
- 5+ years of engineering experience. (With more than 1 year of working with Go in production)
- Experience developing highly-available and distributed applications
- Experience working with Cloud services
- API design
- DevOps skills
- Experience working with Data Pipelines
- Concurrent programming experience
- Desired expertise in Kafka, Clickhouse, PostgreSQL, Kubernetes, gRPC
- Work with analytics platforms (e.g. Mixpanel)
- Good level of spoken English
About Samsung NEXT
We partner with and build software alongside innovators to develop ideas into products, grow products into businesses and scale businesses globally.
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Product - Building new software and services businesses, at scale.
- Venture - Investing in early-stage startups to help entrepreneurs build and scale their businesses.
- Partnerships - Helping startups successfully partner with the variety of businesses within Samsung.
- M&A - Acquiring startups to connect and scale with our businesses.
About NEXT Product
The NEXT Product organization is a hyper-growth startup within Samsung NEXT. We’re a globally distributed product development team in search of builders and creators to help conceive, grow and scale new products and categories.
You can apply here or email to Olga.Andryushina@samsungnext.com with your CV