BUILD ON A 10-YEAR FOUNDATION THAT HAS MADE US THE TOP-RATED DJ EQUIPMENT DEALER ONLINE. LEAD US IN MAKING MORE DJS AND PRODUCERS HAPPY WITH TECHNOLOGY!
We’re looking for a lead full stack software engineer with 3-5+ years Magento experience that’s excited to produce big results quickly.
Over the past 10 years, we’ve become the highest-rated DJ & music production retailer online thanks to our great prices and obsession with customer experience. To date, we’ve achieved this without in-house development staff. By joining our team, you’ll have the opportunity to build on this foundation while still moving at startup speed with startup attitude. You’ll work directly with the CEO on complex, meaningful, strategic problems. You’ll have the opportunity to contribute innovations, design solutions and lead the team in all technical considerations.
Most of all, we're looking for someone who is excited to apply their talents to fulfilling our mission of making the lives of DJs & music producers better.
We’ve built an innovative, digital company in a traditional, brick and mortar industry. Our predecessors are physical stores and catalog companies that adopted ecommerce as a sales channel in the 2000s.
By contrast, we were born digital and have looked for every opportunity to serve more people in a better, more human way via the internet, every single day.
Our team is distributed globally, but if you read our 5,000 reviews with 4.9/5 average rating, you’d never guess. Thousands of customers every month describe their experience as if they’re buying from their favorite local shop.
We’re a team of A-players. We take immense pride in our work and support each other in doing the same.
- 3-5+ years full-stack development experience with strong expertise in Magento 1, LAMP and related core technologies
- Magento Certified Professional Developer certification, or better, strongly preferred
- 3-5+ years of hands-on PHP development experience
- 3-5+ years of MySQL/SQL experience
- Proficiency with GIT source control and GitHub
- Solid Understanding of SDLC
- Hands on experience with Linux based development and production environment deployments
- Solved a variety of complex problems across numerous ecommerce sites, including ERP/inventory management, analytics packages, marketing automation, catalog management solutions, user experience improvements, site speed optimizations, mobile adaptation, repricing, etc.
- Experience with other shopping carts (namely Woocommerce, Magento 2, etc.) and can advise on and lead migration from Magento 1 to a modern platform.
- Familiarity with current UI/UX trends
- Baseline understanding of SEO implications of design/development decisions
- Functional knowledge of Wordpress
About You, As a Person
- You’re an individual looking to be full-time team member, not a contractor or agency.
- You build products for people and genuinely care about how your work affects the end user.
- You pay attention to detail, test and deliver product with minimal bugs and maximum effectiveness
- You’re a resourceful problem solver, capable of finding answers when they're not handed to you, developing solutions with imperfect knowledge and navigating obstacles to reach the finish line.
- You're a team player. You help non-technical team members navigate technical complexities. You empower other technical team members to do their best work by sharing your expertise. You value harmony in your professional relationship and people like working with you.
- You like to see results. Done is better than perfect.
- You have business-level English and comfortable working in an English-speaking team
- Ability to work primarily ~9AM - 6PM CST timezone (your hours may vary as long as most of your schedule overlaps with other team members’).
- Must be available at least part time immediately!
NICE TO HAVES
- Previous team/project leadership experience
- Strong network of colleagues
- DJ/music production interest/experience
Outcomes You’ll Be Responsible For
- Outcome Ownership & Requirement Development - Understanding full user stories & desired outcomes of internal stakeholders, even when imperfectly communicated. Help stakeholders refine & clarify requirements until vision can be technically implemented and business outcomes fully met.
- Solution Research & Sourcing - Based on clarified requirements, conduct & contribute to solution research. Assess and advise on costs and benefits. Advise when to buy and when to develop in house. Provide recommendations based on expected outcomes, costs, timeline & dependencies/obstacles.
- Full-Stack Solution Development - Integrate front end, back end & server-level solutions. Work with vendors, hosting & other developers, as needed, to achieve this.
- QA - QA solutions to deliver work with minimal errors, checking basic efficacy, most common use cases & minimizing QA burden on other team members. Proactively check for likely errors and complications related to known issues.
- Software Development Lifecycle - Maintain clean code standards, strict source code control (GIT), clear branching strategy and deployment methodology. Advise on & lead development workflow for maximum output with minimum time and budget. Proactively advise on evolving project budgets & timelines.
- Technical Leadership - Proactively provide technical insights to management regarding strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. Help train, onboard and set a technical culture for future technical hires & collaborators. Be the face of technical discussions in any situation necessary.
Compensation & Benefits
- Locally competitive compensation depending on experience and qualifications.
- Monthly education budget (books, online courses, etc.)
- 100% Location independence, provided no disruptions in reliability
- 2-weeks paid time off + 6 US holidays (4 can be switched for local holidays)
- Participation in annual holiday bonus and discretionary bonuses throughout the year upon certain attainment of certain milestones and targets
- Annual salary increase, pending reviews
- Access to our entire catalog of top DJ/pro-audio brands at factory price.
- A company that supports your professional growth
Opportunities for Advancement
As you learn our business and demonstrate your ability to contribute to our mission, there'll be opportunities to specialize in desired areas, lead/manage other developers, grow into product ownership/management and more.
This role has the opportunity to earn equity/profit sharing and progress to CTO or similar advanced position.