Currently we are looking for a Senior VB .Net / C# Developer with
strong Database and CI/CD / Devops experience. In this role you should
be able to write functional code with a sharp eye for spotting defects.
You should be a team player and be able to learn new things on the fly.
If you are also passionate about the .NET, feel free to apply! The
Customer is a world leading provider of information solutions that
enhance the performance of science, health, and technology
professionals. He helped more than 30 million scientists make new
discoveries, lawyers win cases, doctors save lives, corporations build
commercial relationships, insurance companies assess risk, and
government and financial institutions detect fraud. The Customer is a
global company headquartered in Amsterdam, employing more than 7.000
people in 25 countries. The Product retrieves chemical literature,
compound properties and reaction data faster than any other solution. It
is used by synthetic, pharmaceutical, industrial and academic
researchers to find answers to their chemical problems. We’ve recently
made significant investment to modernize its user interface and still
have a multi-year roadmap of exciting work to get done.
● 3+ years of software development experience.
● Experience in design, code and implementation of software within the Microsoft .NET Framework/ C#.
● Strong Database and CI/CD / Devops experience.
●Preferred experience porting VB .Net services to Linux using Mono
however, VB .Net / C# .Net Core development experience will also work.
● Oracle Enterprise database experience.
● Experience working with REST APIs and Services as well as SOAP Messaging.
●Experience with MQ frameworks like ZeroMQ, RabbitMQ, MSMQ, etc. ●
Experience in automatic XML/HTML validation via XSD, DTD, etc.
● Experience working with ORM’s like Hibernate, Entity Framework, etc.
● Experience with Amazon Web Services technologies like EC2, S3, Redis Cache, Lambda, ELK, AZ's, Scaling, etc.
● Experience with Multi-threading, Synchronous and Asynchronous Processes and API’s
● Very strong unit testing and linting experience.
● Experience in automated testing at all levels for new and existing code, including the practice of test-driven development.
●Experience in continuous integration and automatically advancing
● Experience working in a multi-team Agile
● Experience in pair programming to deliver high value, end-to-end user stories.
● Experience in cross functional collaboration between Development, QE, DevOps and Product Owners.
● Experience in configuring Jenkins and using Git source control.
● Experience using JIRA and Confluence
● Ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally, and work well in a team-oriented environment;
● Ability to be self-motivated, independent, and detail-oriented. Nice to have:
● Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or a related field is a plus.
●The Task Finalise the deployment and integration of two VB .Net
services porting them with Mono to run on Linux shared instances
automatically deployed using a Jenkins CI pipeline.
● Writes unit tests and code that adheres to coding standards;
● Provide technical support;
●Work both independently and in close collaboration with others in the
team. Provide effective communication with geographically distributed
● Communicate with the Customer on a regular basis;
● Make recommendations for the improvement of the platform and development process to increase productivity
● Escalate urgent issues to quality assurance and management.
English level: Intermediate+
• Official and timely pay
• Social perks;
• Sick pay, vacations;
• Flexible work schedule;
• Friendly environment;
• Opportunity for career growth.