Senior Java Developer for Big Data product
Working in our Big Data engineering group you will have the opportunity to participate in the full SDLC, delivering new features and maintaining production releases of our Big Data product, which incorporates our Active Transactional Data Replication IP.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Design, build and maintain back-end for our flagship product.
- Solving difficult programming problems with innovative solutions
- Working with a global team of experts
- Building software within an Agile framework focused on TDD
- Helping to guide delivery of high quality software with minimal technical debt.
- Continuous improvement of the automated test and build frameworks
- Excellent Understanding of the Java Programming Language
- Knowledge of OO Design, Multi-threading, Networking, NIO and Collections
- Software Engineering/Computer Science or Related Degree
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Experience with testing frameworks (such as JUnit).
- Version Control knowledge (Git and/or SVN etc)
We will provide time and opportunity to learn about the following within this role:
- How to build fault tolerant highly available distributed systems.
- The Paxos and Consensus Algorithms.
- The Hadoop ecosystem.
- Replicating data between on premise and clouds such AWS, Azure, Google, etc.
WANdisco (LSE:WAND) is a public company specialized in the area of distributed computing, and is dually headquartered in Silicon Valley and Sheffield, England, with tech centers in Belfast, Ireland, St.Petersburg and Chengdu, China.
WANdisco, the world leader in Active Data Replication™, enables the replication of continuously changing data to the cloud and on-premises data centers with guaranteed consistency, no downtime and no business disruption. WANdisco has an OEM with IBM as well as strategic partnerships with Amazon Web Services, Cisco, Google, HP Enterprise, Microsoft Azure and Oracle to resell its patented technology. WANdisco works directly with Fortune 1000 companies around the world to ensure their data gives them the real insight they need.
- Great team of experienced engineers
- Comfortable office near "Moskovskie vorota" metro station
- Competitive salary
- Full medical insurance
- Compensation of gym membership
- Free lunch and snacks in the office