IT Technician / Engineer Tier I, II and III
We are seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized IT technician to join our team. In this position, you will play a key role in providing support for all areas of IT. You will update systems, troubleshoot problems, and provide hands-on support for our customers and within our organization. Higher Tier support engineers will be expected to handle and manage customers' IT projects, data and email migrations, IT infrastructure design and setup.
IT Technician Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process IT Support calls.
- Keep systems up-to-date through operating systems upgrades.
- Monitor networking equipment and servers.
- Assist with the design, implementation, and ongoing support of new software and features.
- Monitor web performance, network availability, and security.
- Oversee troubleshooting for system errors.
- Provide helpdesk support for network issues.
- Monitor and regularly update the ticket system.
- Provide technical support either by phone, remote access or site visits as needed.
- Respond to IT issues; hardware maintenance, software, networking, etc.
- Be available for after-hours support on a monthly scheduled rotation.
- Evaluate connectivity issues, equipment, and software.
- Modify configurations, utilities, software, etc.
- Set up equipment for new users.
- Install, test, and monitor servers, firewalls, and new software.
- Perform and monitor data backups.
- Install and update network system improvements as needed.
- Assist with Servers, LAN/WAN technologies, computer repair/troubleshooting software, networks, virus protection, Wi-Fi technology, and more.
- Resolve user tickets regarding hardware, software, and networking.
- Walk customers through installing applications and computer peripherals.
- Guide users with simple, step-by-step instructions.
- Conduct troubleshooting.
- Test alternative pathways until you resolve an issue.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Record technical issues and solutions in ticketing tools.
- Follow up with clients to ensure their systems are functional.
- Report customer feedback and potential product requests.
- Work with management on prioritizing and organizing work.
IT Technician Requirements and Qualifications:
- High school degree or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or related field preferred.
- 1-5 years of IT Support experience.
- CompTIA A+, CompTIA Net+ certification or other related IT professional certification preferred.
- Previous experience as a help desk technician, computer technician, or IT support.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve multiple issues.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable in a diverse and fast-paced environment.
- Goal-oriented, organized team player.
- Experience working with network and server management support.
- Up-to-date knowledge of new systems, information, software, and upgrades.
- Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift equipment.
- Windows Operating Systems (windows 7 and Windows 10, Windows Server Editions).
- Office 365 experience – deskside support.
- Able to stage laptops and desktops - SCCM (or similar) for imaging and deployments.
- In-depth knowledge of hardware and software.
- Software and Hardware management (installation, settings, Hw spare parts replacements).
- Printers and scanner set-up.
- investigating, diagnosing and solving Users’ IT issues.
- User account troubleshooting.
- Two or four-year degree in IT-related field or equivalent experience in a Technical Support environment.
- Experience with Active Directory and Office 365 Preferred.
- Virus and system health remediation.
- Basic understanding of fundamental networking concepts.
- Familiarity with PC hardware fixes and upgrades.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Possess organizational skills in a detail-oriented setting.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
All other duties as assigned.
Note: this job description is not inclusive of all the duties of the position. You may be asked by leaders to perform other duties. Management reserves the right to revise this position description at any time.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship, Contract