A Technical Writer is a customer evangelist who knows how to create and deliver information experiences that help drive product adoption and customer delight. They are technical, critical thinkers with a focus on execution and a passion for creating great content for customers whose needs they care about deeply. They seek simplicity and completion in the content they create. Customers informational background, needs, and their objectives are always at the forefront of their mind. A NEXT technical writer helps create content that makes adoption of our products easy.
This Technical Writer position is focused on creating platform architecture overviews and walk-through guides. These guides assist the API developer-community to get them started and effectively using the NEXT suite of products quickly.
In this role, you'll work directly with development teams in a cross-functional, distributed environment. You'll need a technical background that enables you to work effectively with software development engineers, product managers and program managers. In addition, you'll need excellent communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality technical publications.
- Build close partnerships with and work as part of a team with Product Management, Engineering, Program Management, Research and Product Design
- Maintain communication with Product Managers and UX creating content and awareness of the content in their product ecosystem
- Be proactive in working with the early and final versions of the product to report and resolve bugs they spot in the product as they validate their content
- Stay knowledgeable with the latest trends and advancements in language, product interfaces, and content development
- Produce high-quality documentation and guides for various developer tools, APIs, and SDKs.
- Write/edit code samples to support documentation
- Set up and execute APIs, SDKs, and developer tools to better write about them
- Build a collaborative two-way feedback partnership with the API and SDK development teams
- Design, create and publish content that is informative, concise, visually compelling, and a delight to consume
- Ensure content adheres to style guidelines and standards. Check out current documentation for Whisk and Disco
- Drive documentation planning with product management, user experience, and engineering teams
- Evangelize the benefits of finding brevity that helps deliver the technical documentation to meet the needs of the audience
- Influence writing strategy, delivery formats, and style decisions, and collaborates with the user experience team to define the next generation in-context information and evolve product documentation
- Learn, maintain, and provide input on style, voice, tone, taxonomy, and strategy for product content
- Manage multiple projects with ease, setting stakeholder expectations, prioritizing their own work, and working individually and collaborating across teams
- Audit and evaluate existing content, and recommends changes/rewrite to meet brand guidelines and content standards
- Iterate on copy by incorporating feedback from many stakeholders, and is comfortable justifying decisions, including to product leadership.
- A minimum of 5 years as a technical writer in a relevant field
- Experience with Git, Jekyll, markdown, swagger or similar
- Proven experience in technical writing for enterprise-class software
- Experience designing and delivering developer documentation
- A degree in computer science, or a related field is highly desirable
- Experience working directly with development teams
- Experience documenting API and/or SDK (Software Development Kit)
- Experience writing online documentation for SAAS applications preferred
- Experience with web services, cloud computing and related technologies
- Familiarity with programming languages, such as Java, Python, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in an environment that measures the success of content
- Experience working through complex issues in creative and effective ways to create results and exceptional, valuable content
- Passion to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- A proactive and open-minded attitude toward resolving problems and delivering results
Please submit your CV and cover letter in English
you can also send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org