Whisk is fast-growing company with the objective to "understand" food (recipes, products) and user preferences in order to provide intelligent insights and recommendations. Over several years we have been building knowledge and technology in that area, with great help of Machine Learning.
We are globally distributed and our team lives across the world in different locations – we all work together remotely. Living in a place that makes us happy is important to us.
We recently joined Samsung NEXT - the innovation division of Samsung, which allows us to accelerate our development and hire new talented people
We look for talented and experienced engineer to join our team and contribute to our consumer Shopping List app. You will need to make sure that result application meet high-quality standards.
You will need to implement Grocery List focused app on iOS platform on top of our existing APIs. iOS and Android apps will be one of company highest priorities and we will put a lot of effort developing new features and evolving user experience. Leadership skills will be much appreciated as we plan to build team around it.
What you’ll do:
- Work on new implementation of Shopping List application from scratch laying down strong foundation
- Collaborate with, learn from, and mentor teammates.
- Make sure that systems are built to high quality standards
- Raise ideas and suggest improvements for the application
- You have previously worked in a senior role and was making key technical decisions
- Proficient with Objective-C and Swift
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
- Experience developing apps working Offline is a big plus
- Demonstrated ability to write modular and well tested code.
- Experience developing, releasing and maintaining production-quality apps
- Good level of English
- Scope work and provide estimates with reasonable accuracy
- Ability to self-organise and efficiently work remotely
What we offer:
- Full-time workload
- Remote work
- Long-term project
- Possible business trips to Birmingham, UK and Tel-Aviv, Israel offices
- Competitive salary based on your skills
We encourage people to get energy and motivation from end product, which is a result of their work, rather than beauty and shortness of code.
2. English language
Practice shows that you will inevitably improve your level of English by working with us and using it in (nearly) all internal communication.
3. Working with modern technology
We love all modern tech. ...As long as it keeps productive and easy enough for onboard new people.
4. Awareness of company strategy
All employees are free to join to our roadmap meeting and speak freely, which makes everybody aware about how their work contributes to company success.
5. Zero bureaucracy
It is in everybody's interest to reduce time from good ideas and interesting project to the point when we launch them. That's why we optimised our flows for efficient collaboration between departments: business, design, tech.
6. Company retreats
Once or twice a year we decide on location where we gonna go as a team and spend week working and exploring new places together. We had great experience in Budapest, Prague, Madrid, and Lisbon. You will be more than welcome to join us.