Backend Software Engineer (relocation/remote Luxembourg)
Местоположение и тип занятости
About JOB TODAY
We are Europe’s first and leading mobile hiring app, and aim to reduce job search barriers, connect people with local opportunities, and help millions of people find a job in as fast as 24 hours. So far, we have processed over 100 million job applications and we are just getting started!
JOB TODAY is headquartered in Luxembourg and has been backed by some of the world’s leading venture capital firms. We are a team of 35 people and 15 nationalities. To make things easier, English is our official language at the office. As we expand, we are always on the look out for brilliant and driven individuals to join our team.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a motivated individual who can work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment. The successful Senior Backend Engineer candidate will be adept at building a great, production-grade infrastructure to support an amazing product, keen on making tangible impact to product strategy, and passionate about delighting our users.
We’re a small team and everyone matters and makes a real impact.
What you will get to do
- Innovate, implement, and iterate on our online and offline server infrastructure and codebase with a world-class engineering team
- Meaningfully contribute to product strategy across the board.
- Operate within a strong devops culture, with ownership covering all parts of the software lifecycle from concept through development, testing, and support.
- Work on algorithmic systems that may include (but are not limited to): NLP, classification, recommendation, and optimization for topics such as fraud and spam detection, category and semantic extraction, (job) matching, and more.
- Orchestrate an Amazon cloud empire that uses Lambda, Redshift, Kinesis, Aurora, EKS, S3, and the latest infrastructure technologies to serve millions of users.
- Collaborate with others across our engineering, product, design, and commercial teams
What you should have to land the job (today)
- Strong experience in production backend development, preferably at significant scale.
- Deep understanding of lean software development: build, measure, learn, iterate - code with a clear purpose and experiment with metrics in mind.
- Good sense of responsibility to ship quality releases for a highly used and loved app - an innate understanding of when to go fast and when to go slow.
- Solid foundations in general software engineering - including systems and release engineering concepts.
- Knowledge of Java 8+ within a web services context
- Proficiency with relational and non-relational database and data pipeline concepts
- Expertise with cloud systems architecture
- Fluency with Linux and open source systems administration
- Exposure to statistical and algorithmic development, and the use or implementation of machine learning libraries and approaches, is a big plus
- Professional working proficiency with English
When can you start?
- CV in English only, please, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Relocation assistance possible (Luxembourg)
- Remote work possible
- We are an equal opportunity company and we welcome smart people of all types.
If you have any questions or comments, let us know at email@example.com
We’d love to hear from you :)