Our engineering team operates a lean development process to deliver our world-class products and services. Modern languages and tools paired with continuous deployment and cloud-based infrastructure helps us master the global-technology platform challenges.
In this role you will be:
- Responsible for designing and implementing modern backend and middleware solutions to help support Spotcap's global portfolio of products and services.
- Using your knowledge of the benefits of functional programming, encapsulation, choosing the right data-structures, immutability, asynchronous structures, and code organization to deliver high quality, robust, and maintainable code.
- Actively participating in planning, creating, and running the products and services.
- Doing code-reviews, automated testing and taking features to production.
- Integrate with third party APIs and write specifications for APIs consumed by our partners.
Working at Spotcap means you will benefit from the following:
- Be part of a dynamic, driven and international team of more than 120 employees from 25 countries, with diverse backgrounds, based in our offices in the heart of Berlin.
- Strong career progression and the opportunity to grow with the business.
- A startup atmosphere in an established company environment with flat hierarchies - meaning you’ll be expected, and encouraged, to contribute your ideas.
- Training and development budgets which can be used for conferences, attending personal training and development courses to ensure continuous growth and development.
- An engineering environment where learning and applying new methods and technologies is encouraged.
- A great company culture with regular social activities, tech talks and health and fitness initiatives.
- A collaborative working culture with regular brainstorms, stand-ups and inter-departmental gatherings across two continents.
- Choose your own device: the option to choose between a high-end Dell or Mac Notebook.
- Fresh fruit, drinks, cereals, and regular team breakfasts.
- Relocation support services
Our ideal candidate has:
- Two plus years of experience in developing and running HTTP API based backends.
- Proficiency in Scala, knows its ecosystem and has experience running products/services on the JVM.
- Worked in feature teams that worked on all aspects of a software product.
- Experience writing concurrent, parallel and scalable products.
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services products.
- An understanding of the benefits of purely functional code, immutability, encapsulation, choosing the right data-structures, asynchronous structures, code organisation and testability.
- Followed new developments in the ever changing landscape of backend technologies.
- A sense of purpose and clarity for the entire software development and deployment process.
- An innate curiosity and drive to get things done.
- Average knowledge of English.
- По всем вопросам Вы можете также обращаться на русском.