Senior Fullstack Engineer (remote)
Местоположение и тип занятости
15 years ago I founded Upwork (oDesk then) with a select team of developers from Chelyabinsk, Yoshkar Ola, Rostov-On-Don and Kiev. That team became the backbone of the engineering organisation that made Upwork the huge company that is today.
I left Upwork a couple years ago to found my new company, this time bringing the revolution of remote-global work in the vast industry of construction and home improvement. I am recruiting my dream team of awesome engineers that will help make my dream a reality.
Ergeon Founder & CTO
Overview of the Role
We are looking for experienced developer to join our development team. Your primary focus will be the development of server-side logic, front-end piece, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests.
- Develop, test, and maintain robust, scalable, high-quality software.
- Write highly organised, maintainable code.
- Solve difficult problems while continuously learning and improving.
- Implement security and data protection.
- Design and implement storage solutions.
- Provide guidance to more junior engineers.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Software development experience 5+ years
- Extensive Python knowledge
- Experience with Django framework
- Experience with frontend development (ReactJS, single-page applications).
- Ability to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Have a working schedule that makes you available during the morning Pacific Time
- Comfortable working remotely
- Good understanding of software architecture, especially RESTful design
- Comfortable with speaking English (Everyday video calls)
Nice to have
- Experience with Amazon AWS ( Lambdas, SNS, SQS, ECS, etc.)
- Event sourcing
- Past experience creating REST APIs.
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes.
- Familiarity with blue-green deployments, canary releases, feature toggles and other modern deployment techniques.
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting.
- Setup and administration of backups.
- Experience working in a distributed team
- Experience with Scrum or another agile development process.
- Stock options
- Paid ES/US meet-ups
- Sport / Software / Laptop reimbursements
- Remote position