Escalation Engineer, XtremIO
Местоположение и тип занятости
XtremIO is the world's fastest, most scalable and most efficient storage array. It is based on groundbreaking new storage architecture and leverages the latest Solid State Drive (SSD) technology. Built from the ground up, this new storage array will deliver unprecedented values in performance, economics, scalability, and data management efficiencies, addressing major pain points in today and tomorrow's fast-growing enterprise datacenters. We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join us on this exciting journey.
Join a winning team! Work with cutting edge storage technology! Help design best-in-class storage solutions for the top enterprise customers. If you are a storage expert and have experience working with customers, if you love to face complex business and technical challenges, if you like to work within a fast-paced environment, your place is with the Dell EMC XtremIO Escalation Engineering team.
As an Escalation Engineer you will be regarded as an XtremIO product expert and, as such, you will be involved in daily technical operations and escalations. In addition, the responsibilities include technical evaluations, developing and testing XtremIO solutions in strategically and tactically significant applications and use cases, including VDI and server virtualization, databases, and high performance computing, at customer sites and in the lab. You will consult on pre-sales and technical sales activities and will work on escalated technical support issues to resolution, interfacing with the customer and the development team..
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- DESIGN fully integrated technology solutions using XtremIO storage in support of presales and post-sales activities. Provide technical leadership and direction to customers and internal staff through solution planning and design.
- IMPLEMENT XtremIO solutions at customer sites, leveraging significant hands on experience setting up storage systems in the datacenter. Provide technical leadership to other technical resources during the implementation, configuration and migration phases of an XtermIO solution delivery.
- CONSULT Provide advanced technical and business consultative services during the pre-sales and post-sales cycle. Represent the best of XtremIO’s technical expertise in helping customers. Train customers as well as internal resources on XtremIO storage solutions.
- SUPPORT & TROUBLESHOOT XtremIO storage implementations at customer sites and remotely. Be an escalation point for the most complex and critical customer issues. Work closely with the development team and with lower support tiers on resolving customer issues, root cause analysis and product feedback.
- TEST & VALIDATE functionality, performance and user experience of XtremIO storage solutions in complex IT environments. Work and develop the application lab that focuses on XtremIO in various application environments. Work with 3rd party partners to certify XtremIO storage. Help develop best practices and write solution whitepapers.
Desired skills and experience
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic and capable professional with a history of working with customers, creating successful and complex solutions in the IT/Storage infrastructure spaces. He or She will have hands on experience providing data storage solution to customers and will have expertise in architecting and designing solutions, implementing solutions (hands on), and troubleshooting and providing break-fix solutions to customers.
- Overall 5+ years of experience in customer-facing, pre-sale/post-sale positions working with complex IT solutions
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the enterprise IT infrastructure and storage space is required, along with a broad understanding of the enterprise software world
- Significant experience required in the areas of SAN Implementation
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with virtualization platforms and VDI solutions (VMware/Citrix)
- An advantage to candidates that have In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with enterprise databases and high performance computing
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- An advantage to candidates that have hands-on lab and hardware management experience
- An advantage to candidates that have experience working in a rapidly growing entrepreneurial, dynamic start up
- MS or B.Sc. in CS, CE, EE or related fields
- Ability to travel. To be successful in this role, you will need to travel from time to time
Joining us, you will get:
- Salary to be discussed on the results of the interview
- Medical, Life insurance for employees and family in Russia and abroad
- Corporate trainings and certifications
- Corporate English Classes
- Dell EMC Proven Professional Certifications
- Possibility in Flexible working hours and working from home
- 34 days of paid vacation days plus 2 paid days off
- Paid sick days; Doctor’s consultation at the office
- Opportunity to participate in charity activities
- Comfortable 24/7 office in the City Centre
- Partial reimbursement of any sport activities
- Regular teambuilding and corporate events
- Corporate cell phone service and laptop