Senior Java Software Engineer, Midrange
Местоположение и тип занятости
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Dell EMC Midrange Solutions Storage division is the worldwide market leader for storages for small, medium and large size enterprises including Fortune 100 list companies. These solutions increase performance, efficiency, and business agility, helping customers accelerate their IT transformation to meet the new demands of virtualization and the cloud.
Our team in St.Petersburg, Russia is working on next generation storage architecture in area of data storage, data mobility and networking. As part of our world class engineering team, you are developing cutting-edge technologies for those products.
We are looking for highly motivated and skillful professional Java developer familiar with functional programming. The ideal candidate for Senior Software Engineer position shall demonstrate high performance coding and software integration skills, ability to understand and structure complex requirements, proven record of previously implemented modules inside commercial products and the knowledge of some storage and cluster relevant technologies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- On the first and foremost place, to be effective software engineer in terms of coding new complex features and modules, components integration, implementing design updates and fixing defects for owned code base
- Contribute to requirements definition, creating architecture and design for features inside next generation storage product. Work on prototypes to evaluate various technologies to make design decisions.
- Maintain accountability for the quality and completeness of deliverables
- Work effectively with cross-functional and/or cross-geographic teams, readily share information with others.
Work Experience and Education
- A Master/Specialist degree in a Computer Science related discipline
- 3-5 years of relevant industry experience
- Proficient in Java development, Object Oriented Design, algorithms, and data
- Professional interest and proven track of design/coding contribution for large scale commercial products in clustering area
- Proficient in Unix/Linux Development Environment
- Proficient in working with the large code foundations for solution explore, problem analysis and integration
- Really strong motivation to constantly learn new things and embrace change
- Good oral and written English communication skills
- Attention to details and quality, team player, good time management skills
- Experience in RxJava or Rx extension for other languages is a plus
- Familiarity with Vert.x framework, Google Guice (or other dependency injection framework), jOOQ library
- Knowledge in virtualization concepts and vSphere Web Services API
- Network protocols knowledge and details of TCP/IP network stack functioning and configuration is a plus
- Familiarity and experience working within Continuous Integration environments (like Jenkins and others) including modern unit testing approaches (JUnit, Mockito, Spock)
- Experience working in an Agile team inside multinational distributed organization in a collaboration with other remote teams across multiple time zones
Joining us, you will get:
- Salary to be discussed on the results of the interview
- Medical, Life insurance for employees and family in Russia and abroad
- Corporate trainings and certifications
- Corporate English Classes
- Dell EMC Proven Professional Certifications
- Possibility in Flexible working hours and working from home
- 34 days of paid vacation days plus 2 paid days off
- Paid sick days; Doctor’s consultation at the office
- Opportunity to participate in charity activities
- Comfortable 24/7 office in the City Centre
- Partial reimbursement of any sport activities
- Regular teambuilding and corporate events
- Corporate cell phone service and laptop