Description of the project:
A British company with over 1,000 people employed in offices across Europe, Asia and Australia. The company is a global financial technology provider which powers the wealth management, administration and custodian platforms for leading financial institutions. They develop long-term partnerships with customers, transforming their customer service offering and helping them grow their assets under management across multiple distribution channels. The company partners with life insurance companies, banks, asset managers and discretionary wealth managers.
• Design and build the highly intuitive user interface and interactive financial tools required by financial advisers and investors.
• Develop real-time transaction processing systems that support millions of trades every day in investment securities in multiple world markets.
• Work closely with our business analysts to design and implement new functionality for our major institutional customers around the world.
• Assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications.• Develop unit tests to ensure required quality gateways are met.
• Execute best practice with regards to software development.
• Take an active role in understanding the business domain and contributing to requirements gathering.
• Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
• Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
• The completion of agreed training/self-improvement activities in line with agreed career development plan.
• Delivery of agreed outputs within agreed time frames or the successful negotiation of new time frames.
• Actively communicating the status of assigned items of work to project team, project manager or delivery manager.
• Participation in team activities.
• Actively seeking opportunities to provide assistance to peers.
• Actively identifying and promoting opportunities for application efficiency improvements or performance improvements.
• Mentor other developers, lead knowledge sharing activities.
• Actively cooperate on achieving the high quality of outputs in your team.
Personality traits and Experience required
• Positive attitude, thirst for knowledge, the goal of team success, pragmatism, self-starter, self-managed, enjoy personal challenges along with growth.
• Agile experience preferable.
• Experience with mentoring developers, with knowledge sharing.
• Experience with writing unit tests.
• The sense of writing clean code.
• Understanding various aspects of quality in software development.
• Understanding main software design principles and best practices.
• Understanding application architecture patterns.
• Ability to use main UML diagrams properly.
• Service in software development at least 3 years.
• English on the communicative level.
• Expert level in C#, .Net framework, SQL Server.
• Intermediate level in ASP.NET, VB.NET.
• Ability to operate to tight timelines.
Would be a plus:
• Iterative approach to development
• Continuous Integration and Deployment
• Cloud based deployments
Conditions of work:
• Opportunity to work in a well-established international company
• Your results have direct and immediate impact
• Budget for professional development
• Latest technologies stack
• Support in keeping your body fit and healthy
• Fun team with lots of varying interests and activities
• Ability to work with the latest technologies
• Flexible hours
Code sample is needed (or Github link)