Java/Scala developer/architect (senior level, remote work)
Местоположение и тип занятости
Whisk is fast-growing startup with the objective "understand" food (recipes, products) and user preferences in order to provide intelligent insights and recommendations. Over several years we were building knowledge and technology in that area, with some help of Machine Learning more recently.
Now the objective is to expose our knowledge in food space through APIs and provide it to third-party apps to integrate which include, but not limited to:
- smart shopping lists
- recipe analysis (nutrition information, diets, allergies, cuisines, ...)
- recipe recommendation and personalisation services
Candidate expected to contribute to building all required infrastructure to support above, specifically:
- design and build REST api with authentication mechanisms for third-party apps
- design and build system as set of services and communication between them
- contribute to building system monitoring solutions, which will help identify sources of errors and performance bottlenecks quickly
- contribute to infrastructure to run, orchestrate and scale services
- good understanding Java/Scala platform and ecosystem
- experience with large systems architecture
- solid experience designing relational models
- basic Linux administration experience
- experience with non-relational databases (specifically key-value, document)
- experience with service orchestrations (Mesos/Kubernetes)
- experience with cloud platforms infrastructure
- basic front-end skills (contribution to internal admin site and dashboards)
- Machine Learning experience
- Experience with running grpc/protobuf services in production
- Extensive experience with PostgreSQL
- Viktor Taranenko ( https://uk.linkedin.com/in/viktortnk )
Benefits of working with us:
1. Direct impact on end product
We encourage people to get energy and motivation from end product, which is a result of their work, rather than beauty and shortness of code.
2. English language
Practice shows that you will inevitably improve your level of English by working with us and using it in (nearly) all internal communication
3. Working with modern technology
We love all modern tech. ...As long as it keeps productive and easy enough for onboard new people.
4. Awareness of company strategy
All employees are free to join to our roadmap meeting and speak freely, which makes everybody aware about how their work contributes to company success.
5. Zero bureaucracy
It is in everybody's interest to reduce time from good ideas and interesting project to the point when we launch them. That's why we optimised our flows for efficient collaboration between departments: business, design, tech
6. Company retreats
Once or twice a year we decide on location where we gonna go as a team and spend week working and exploring new places together. We had great experience in Budapest and Prague. You will be more than welcome to join us.
Please provide information why you think you are a good match or make sure your profile page is up to date and describes your best skills well.