Senior Java Engineer (for highload backend)
Местоположение и тип занятости
About the job position:
- We are looking for a talented Java Software Engineer to take part in the development of our server-side platform. You will be part of engineering team, developing the real-time communication services of the future. We are looking for someone who can code but also bring significant value on the architectural decisions to ensure the development of high performance, reliable and scalable services.
- Project has a lot of challenges in the areas of highload, concurrency, performance optimization and real time analytics!
- We are opening development center in St. Petersburg.
- Design and build the core of new Messaging platform
- Develop new services and APIs to meet business needs
- Research on new technologies, evaluate, prototype and plan improvements for the platform
- Write technical specs for new services and conduct training sessions for other teams
- Collaborate across the company
Desired skills and experience:
- A computer science degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Expert knowledge and experience in Java, object oriented programming and design patterns
- Think Multi-threaded! Knowledge of concurrency models and best practices
- Good knowledge of message queuing technologies (like RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Kafka, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Linux, Git, SQL, CI tools, RESTful web services
- Experienced in agile methodologies
Beneficial skills and experience:
- Good knowledge of Java executor service and Java 8 features including Functional interfaces and Lambda expressions, Streams etc.
- Experienced in developing highly scalable distributed systems using Java / Scala / C++ targeting multi-core environments
- Experience in Akka.io, Spring.io, Reactive systems, Play! Framework, Apache Spark or Apache Storm.
- Upper-Intermediate English or higher (both in writing and speaking)
- Good communication skills
- Methodical, logical and well organized
- Strong analytical & troubleshooting skills. Thrilled to solve problems
- Great team player
- Passionate. Persistent. Creative
- Enjoys dynamic nature of startups
- Wavecell's mission is to help companies and developers to easily integrate efficient new communication channels in their products and applications. We provide cloud based real-time communication services for Enterprises and Application Developers.
- We deliver services to global customers in more than 200 countries. Our business is growing significantly and we are hiring talents seeking challenges and fun.
- Wavecell is headquartered in Singapore. We have ambition to become the APAC leader in cloud communication API services.
- At Wavecell, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative startup environment. We are seeking brilliant, self-motivated and passionate individuals who are willing to make a difference in the industry.
- Challenging engineering tasks
- International and passionate team
- Ability to work in different locations from time to time
- Attractive compensation package