Scalors GmbH is an IT nearshoring partner with a headquarter in Germany and development centers in Lisbon and Kiev. On behalf of our client, we are looking for a Senior Data Engineer who is willing to join the team in Hamburg, Germany.
- Development and maintenance of our core software components;
- Continuous refactoring of our codebase;
- Bringing in your ideas of how to improve our software by new technologies;
- Code reviews of your fellow developers;
- Supporting the release and deployment process;
- Collaboration with our Data Science Team to develop and integrate new approaches for fraud detection.
- Several years of experience in functional programming and/or OO, ideally on the JVM;
- Thorough knowledge of Scala, feeling comfortable with SBT and testing frameworks;
- Experience with Akka;
- Experience with agile software development processes;
- A team player, able to communicate in an open, constructive and friendly manner;
- Good English language skills because of our international team (German is not required);
- Professional experience in data mining, pattern recognition, information retrieval & machine learning is a plus;
- Professional experience in processing large volumes of data, in particular NoSQL & stream processing technologies, is a plus;
- Professional experience in implementing statistical models, graphs & machine learning algorithms is a plus;
- A university degree won’t hurt, but we value practical skills and desire to learn more than formal education.
What we offer:
- The chance to play an active role in shaping our growing startup;
- Flat hierarchies and short decision making processes;
- A team of experts which allows you to learn something new every day;
- The possibility to overtake responsibility and to realise your own ideas – from day one;
- Very modern and nice offices in Hamburg’s HafenCity where you will also find a soccer table, organic fruits, language courses and everything you need to feel comfortable.
Client Company offers anti-fraud solutions within the e-commerce and financial sectors. They are experts in device fingerprinting and behavioral analytics and their products are specifically tailored to comply with European data privacy regulations. The company itself became a leading provider of fraud prevention software on the German speaking markets within 2 years since it's foundation. Since fraudsters learn to exploit the weaknesses of traditional fraud prevention tools over time, they help to protect businesses from fraud and loss of revenue with the comprehensive solution for innovative fraud prevention.