Scalors GmbH is an IT out-staffing partner with a headquarter in Germany and development centers in Lisbon and Kiev. On behalf and for our German client, who blends real human experts with cutting-edge technology for perfectly tailored travel experiences, we are looking for a Senior Backend Developer/Architect to join the experienced team in Munich, Germany and help them to shape the future of travel.
Our tech stack:
- Our backend is based on Django/Python.
- Frontends communicate with our Django/Python backend via a REST API.
- Our CI automatically runs our test suits, checks the code quality and deploys to Heroku/ AWS.
- NoSQL being cool & shiny, Postgres together with ElasticSearch fits our use case best.
- Develop new features/ apps to improve productivity of our travel designers & acquire customers;
- Design the software architecture for new products together with our CTO & product team;
- Represent our company at Meetups & Conferences (we host our own Django Munich Meetup);
- Bring your knowledge, experience & best practices in and share it with the team;
- Work closely together with our frontend & backend developers;
- Help us build our automated travel bot.
- Decades ago you wrote your first website based on php and were proud about your clever includes-based software design. Eager to learn more, you read as much as you can about other programming languages & software architecture. Years later you still work in a web environment and tackle the hard scaling problems there. In your team, you are the go-to guy if something complicated shows up;
- Testing isn’t just a nice-to-have for you, it’s a must;
- You want to take responsibility & ownership for the products and software you produce;
- You have a deep technical understanding of web technologies, responsive design and RESTful services;
- You have worked on a large code base before;
- You insist on documenting your work.
- The team (~15) consists of mostly full-stack engineers, UX/UI designers & dedicated product managers;
- Our business model doesn’t require dozens of coding monkeys - we believe in a small team of experts who deliver top-notch quality;
- The team decided to go with 2 week scrum sprints & use Kanban for - very rare - burst phases;
- We are currently all full-stack engineers - by choice.
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT BUDGETYou will get a personal development budget to go to conferences, buy books and courses. Your Udacity Machine Learning or Data Science course can make a huge impact on our product.
WE INSIST ON HIGHEST STANDARDSCode reviews, test driven development, automated code quality checks and automated deploy pipeline ain’t just a hygiene factor - they are crucial to professional software development and are essential to us. Our team members are experts in their field.
OWNERSHIPWe discuss epics & stories together to find the smartest solution possible. You design it (the architecture), you build it, you deploy it, you’re in charge of it.
SOFTWARE-AFFINE MANAGEMENTOur management has a strong software development background. They understand the importance and necessity of code refactoring, cleanup sprints and know that software is like a baby - 9 mothers won’t make a child in 1 month. Our sprints are holy - once we committed us to the scope, it doesn’t change.