Our client is a European cloud hosting company offering an hourly billed infrastructure-as-a-service for the most business critical customers. Currently, the company provides services from data centres based in the UK, USA, Germany and Finland.
The company was recently ranked as the third fastest growing technology company in Finland by Deloitte in their Fast 50 program. In addition, they have been crowned as the performance leader by Cloud Spectator in their study amongst 19 European IaaS providers, Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure Included.
We are now looking for a Senior Developer to their Engineering Team. As part of the Engineering Team you will be building and improving the most critical part of the service including, but not limited to automation, billing, failover mechanisms and the foundations of the new services that they plan to roll out in the future.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Perl (other scripting languages such as Python and PHP a bonus).
- Database knowledge, especially in MySQL.
- Experience in server application and web application development.
- Extensive knowledge of Linux.
- Knowledge and experience of agile software development methods.
- You are natural with Git and its extensive use cases.
- You work well within a team of developers.
- You also hold great problem solving skills.
- Social team player that can contribute to company culture.
- Knowledge of C and C++ in addition to having experience in server management is seen as a bonus.
- Advanced English
You will get:
- A great place to challenge yourself in an international environment.
- Opportunity to build code for service whose customers build advanced web applications on a global scale.
- A design office with a great company culture in the heart of Helsinki
- Competitive salary and benefits including medical services, lunch allowance, choice of computer and an annual budget of €1000 to spend on education, software, etc..
- Most importantly though - an experienced team, who makes the day-to-day work enjoyable, challenging and rewarding.
- Relocation Assistance